Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saturday, January 22nd - weekend To Do

Started Jan-22 by scapermom; 139 views.
friedchickn

Jan-23

OMG.....yesterday was soooo damn cold.  -9 when I left the house whining and grumping about going to my cross country class.  It was the one class I really wanted to take....downhill survival.  So I put on ALL my cold weather gear and brought all sorts of extra stuff hoarded in my pockets just in case....and it was fine.  Luckily NO wind, just cold.

Came home....started laundry and took the longest hot shower in history.

Dh got home some time later and we ended up taking friends to "our" restaurant.  They'd been trying to get in...it's been a 2 hour wait every time.  So I called over and asked them to hold a table for us.  I'm rarely, if ever, that ####....but I figured hey....I'm not asking for anything ridiculous.  Of course they happily held us one and set us up with all sorts of special yummies.

Finished the night bar crawling...so I'm suffering a bit this morning

Fed my sourdough starter, primed to make rye biscuits once dh pops up.  Started another load of laundry.  Cleaned some emails and got my calendar and list set for next week.

Who knows what the afternoon/evening will hold....

scapermom

Jan-24

Wowza that’s cold! Did your hair freeze? I remember our trip to Canadian Rockies - lake Louise and we idiots decided to walk to find the sled dogs and it being so cold our breath made our hair freeze! 

Envious of your normality up there - haven’t been to a restaurant around here in a while, never mind a bar 

low key weekend here - frigid dog walks, watered plants, got DH ready for his work week, set up my planner for this week and also helped DD set up for her week of virtual school here

friedchickn

Jan-24

Everyone I know has had covid in the past month....so I guess I'm Patient Zero....cause I haven't had it or I haven't known I had it.

We've been dining out and going about our normal(ish) lives since the beginning.  I can't/won't put my life on hold.  And I'm glad I've felt that way cause I can't imagine putting my life on hold for 2 years...that's insane.