Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thursday, April 28th - To Do

Started Apr-28 by scapermom; 205 views.
friedchickn

Apr-28

It's frigid!!!!  Supposed to snow and the wind....OMG.

The boat went in the water yesterday!!!!  So excited.  Should be a cold struggle weekend while we work out the kinks and get settled back in.

Dh has a pork butt smoking away....there will be enough for everyone this weekend and I'll freeze a bunch for a ladies luncheon on Wednesday.

He also submitted the electrical changes to the townhouse ...it's been on his honey do list for a while...

Hung my hand washables to dry.  I'll start a load of laundry in a bit.

Gonna bundle ALL up and take the dog for a long walk after lunch.

piano practice

Read a chapter

More Vikings tonight!

Identified a handful of items from the garage to rehome.  I'll list those next week.  I've got a ton of stuff on my list for next week....should keep me busy and out of trouble while dh embarks on his first work trip in FOREVER.

friedchickn

Apr-28

How many pushups did you do?

I wanna restart this pushup program dh and I like to do....it really works to increase how many you can do.  And it's almost tank top season and I like my arms looking good!!!

Ughhhh on the whole college roommate drama.  Dd picked one psycho after another cause she was "afraid" to have a single and miss out on things.  We tried to explain the only thing she'd miss out on was the drama...but she just wasn't having it. 

She's so much happier now in her own place and wishes she'd listened to us.

scapermom

Apr-28

I did 10 really sissy on the steps ones - i find them easier and doable and I felt it in my arms, chest and upper back so I guess they are doing something? I’ll hopefully progress to the floor on knees and then plank style if I can ever get there is the goal 

Found this British woman on youtube that in her 50s went from flab to body builder and she’s really good at explaining the moves and shows several different ways to do them. She’s the one I’m following for strength training (at my pace)

On the roommate drama - dd is in a single now, but wanted to move up to an on campus apt style and the only way to do that is with roomies unfortunately. Her school doesn’t allow them off campus until senior year (the $ grubbing SOBs) Her main reason is that she can only reduce or eliminate the meal plan if she is in apartment style - the food in the dining halls makes her sick often and she’s not a picky eater (and not the only one from what I see on the FB parent page, but the school acts like ‘oh this is the first time we’ve heard this’ when a student complains - parents as well.

She’s decided to stay with the 2 girls she doesn’t know in the apt for now and is going to try to bring in a 4th girl she knows to replace the one leaving. I also told her to make an effort to get to know these other 2 and talk over what’s going on with this one who’s bailing. Good thing is they will be seniors and DD will a jr standing so it’s only for the one year…ugh

friedchickn

Apr-28

Pushups really do take awhile.  That first real push up (plank style) feels like a massive milestone....and then getting past 2 or 3 takes forever.  After that, it goes up pretty well.  I can do 12 plank style....without resting.  

Roommates....good luck.

scapermom

Apr-29

Wow! Impressive on the push ups!

friedchickn

Apr-29

It's just about getting out and doing em....at this age nothing comes easy