Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, July 7th - To Do

Started Jul-7 by scapermom; 163 views.
In reply toRe: msg 3
scapermom

Jul-7

P.s. I made refrigerator pickles and they were a hit. Will make more today. Just need to clean some wide mouth mason jars. Need more of them too.

friedchickn

Jul-7

I love refrigerator pickles....

friedchickn

Jul-7

Slept ok....stomach is wicked off....and had me up a few times, but no more than my usual spotty sleep.

Today's list is pretty long....ughhhh.

Top priority...floors.  All of them.  Gonna start at the top and work my way down....between conference calls and classes.

Had to stop payment on a check from March to correct dh's commission....sigh...so today I have to send a new check to a new address.  Not thrilled.  Like I need one more task.

Workout at 1.  Romwod at some point.  I'll throw in a 1 min plank. And piano practice.

I have no idea if I have what I need to make the dinners on my list....so I need to sort that out.  My fridge is a disaster so flylady's mission is spot on.

One more load of laundry.

dog claws.

I have 2 bags of garlic scapes that need to be turned into pesto...and maybe a walgreens run, although it can get pushed til tomorrow.

friedchickn

Jul-7

Did you see Harvard is going all online this fall.....

scapermom

Jul-7

Yes! Rutgers too. Sigh

scapermom

Jul-7

I have been using garlic scapes for the first time in my life this year. I had thrown a bunch of garlic in my little veggie patch and it’s done really well and now I have the scapes. I’ve been cutting it up & adding it to everything. How do you make pesto with it? 

friedchickn

Jul-7

Same way you use basil....equal parts scape and parm and a little olive oil to blend in a chopper.  It freezes amazingly well.

In reply toRe: msg 10
friedchickn

Jul-7

whoops....equal parts scape, parm and pine nuts (or walnuts)...then some olive oil to blend.

friedchickn

Jul-7

I made 2 quart size ball jars of it today....