Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, December 29th - To Do

Started Dec-29 by scapermom; 104 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Dec-29

Day 14 for DH from first symptoms. He goes for test today - need to make sure he gets it done. He seemed mostly normal as of last night though still coughing and sneezing every so often. 
Dog was out, but didn’t eat yet. Her squeaky snake Christmas present was more important. I can’t believe it’s lasted this long! 
laundry is going. Normal 1 load day today.

Breakfast and kitchen cleanup tbd. 
water plants- they need attention 

wrap in-law gifts - only managed to bring down and set up a wrapping area yesterday.

Started reviewing the dorm list to see what she still needs as well as paring it down, then started a Target order for the missing items. want to continue today. As of today a month til drop off/move in. She needs to talk to her roommate to figure out how they will divvy up things. I already rented the microfridge and got a Keurig a while ago - are they paying for half or getting another comparable item(s)? 

‘Fly mission and leftover tasks from yesterday- really need to at least vacuum downstairs. Still not touching the toxic bathroom DH has been using. will need full hazmat for that!

Have to rummage through the freezer to figure out something for dinner. Should probably do a chicken order again.

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Dec-29

Zone 5: Mission #2 Tuesday
Dear Friends, For today really take a look at the knick-knacks and decorative items that you have in the living room. Could you declutter any of these? Do you have too many cutesy things that are really just dust catchers? Things that don't really bring you joy but have been there for so long that you don't even realize that they are there? Your mission is to take 5 minutes to get rid of anything that you don't love or use in your living room/family room.
For those of you that might ask me about things that people have given you that you feel an obligation to display: my answer is simple, you are under no obligation to have anything in your home that you do not love or use. This is YOUR home!! Release yourself from the guilt and obligation. Life is too short to live in guilt purgatory. You are FLYing!
friedchickn

Dec-29

It's freezing cold and windy as all hell.  I feel so incredibly bad for the contractors...but I'm sooooo excited to finally have those stairs and added bonus, they might be done to move all dd's ####.  Yeah!!!

Closing has slipped from tomorrow to Thursday, dh just wired the funds which is nerve wracking as all hell..  Taking 2 cars....since dd will be staying til at least Tuesday cause of her work schedule.  Can't bring everything and don't want to bring the trailer cause who wants to drive a trailer back at night on NYE.  So I've been making a list so she can "camp" til we can get the rest up there.  The gorgeous leather futon we scored on facebook will fit in dh's car....dd's jeep is basically useless.  LOL.

Got a call from my tenants last night that there was no hot water....plumber went over this morning but I haven't heard back from either.  It's only 18 months old.....sooooo....

Changed out our sheets and watered the plants...cause neither thing got done yesterday.  I'll drag the linens down to the wash in a few.

Did my ROMWOD and planks with dd.  Workout will have to be after the contractors leave so....4 or 5.  I'll do some GHD after.

Need to do piano....didn't yesterday....bad girl

Dog claws and bowls.  seems like every damn day

Need to water my sleeping fig trees

Go get eggs at the farm stand

Pay my snow plowing bill

Dinner is a freezer found soup and some chicken and bean quesadillas.  I also dragged out all the bread to make a batch of bread crumbs.