News -  Driver with 36 suspensions crashes again (44 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Muddle headed Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-5 10:48 AM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 

A 'habitual' drunk driver with 36 license suspensions crashed. His wife was killed.

An Ohio man with 36 driving suspensions and a dozen charges of operating under the influence has been indicted in the death of his wife in an October car crash.

Robert Lee Ellis, 53, of Columbus, Ohio, was indicted on four charges on Monday, including aggravated vehicular homicide and operating a vehicle under the influence, police announced Wednesday. It is the 13th time he has been charged with operating under the influence.

“While investigating this fatal traffic crash it was very clear to investigators that Mr. Ellis is one of the worst habitual repeat offenders of drunk driving we have seen,” the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. “He has no regard for human life.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/habitual-drunk-driver-36-license-suspensions-crashed-his-wife-was-n1096321?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

From: CDP (PerraultC) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-10 10:20 PM 
To: Muddle headed Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 5) 
 755.2 in reply to 755.1 
By offense number 4 - and I'm being generous there - he should have been sent away for 30 years to get his priorities in order. At the very least it would keep him off the roads.

Reply   Options 

From: Muddle headed Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-11 7:31 AM 
To: CDP (PerraultC) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 5) 
 755.3 in reply to 755.2 

I agree,  four chances is more then enough, the only thing that works is keeping people like this locked up for a very long time.  License suspensions are a joke, people ignore that all the time.

From: CDP (PerraultC) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-11 5:52 PM 
To: Muddle headed Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 755.4 in reply to 755.3 
Once the license is gone they have nothing else to lose, so they're already a danger to society. I've known some repeat offenders in my time, but never someone with 12 offenses. My god.

From: Muddle headed Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-11 5:57 PM 
To: CDP (PerraultC) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 5) 
 755.5 in reply to 755.4 

So true, even three or four is too much but 12, 17, and more, thats out of hand big time.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.