End of Day thoughts and current events

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The deadly Saskatchewan attacks    Criminal Thugs File

Started Sep-7 by Dot_hoe; 80 views.
Dot_hoe

Sep-7

The deadly Saskatchewan attacks will require a public inquiry to untangle.

David Butt is a Toronto-based criminal lawyer.

In the aftermath of the profound tragedy that has unfolded in Saskatchewan – a series of knife attacks that left 10 dead over the Labour Day weekend – the first priority is to apprehend the alleged perpetrators and bring them to justice. One of the suspects, Damien Sanderson, was found dead Monday. Amid the search for the other suspect, his brother Myles, an anguished question is being asked: How could this have happened?

Clear answers are desperately needed. But they won’t come in a criminal trial, focused as it would be on questions around guilt and punishment. So this will be the kind of tragedy that cries out for a public inquiry – not just because of the enormity of the death and suffering inflicted on innocent victims, but because of the complexity of the circumstances that preceded the horror.

DAVID BUTT
SPECIAL TO THE GLOBE AND MAIL
PUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGO
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-deadly-saskatchewan-attacks-will-require-a-public-inquiry-to/
UPDATED 13 MINUTES AGO

In reply toRe: msg 1
Dot_hoe

Sep-7

#GlobalNews #saskatchewan

Saskatchewan stabbings: Names of all the victims released

Saskatchewan officials have released the names of the ten victims in the mass stabbing in Saskatchewan, painting a picture of the tragedy that ripped through two small communities.

A total of 11 people including one of the suspects were slain during the series of stabbings in both James Smith Cree Nation and Weldon, Sask., on Sunday, making it one of Canada’s worst-ever mass killings. Nineteen people, including the second of the two suspects, were injured.

Global’s Tom Vernon has more.

Global News
https://youtu.be/maqOrmj3iws

Sep 7, 2022

sweat

In reply toRe: msg 2
Dot_hoe

Sep-7

One suspect, Myles Sanderson, is still at large.

The other, his brother Damien Sanderson, was found dead on Monday.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/boitchy/messages/1450/1

I followed this in the News, and I thought - 'You don't need guns to kill a lot of people,. but if you had a gun these killers would have been dead on the spot, at the first knifing'

Guard101

Sep-9

It's the most horrific thing I've ever heard of!

In reply toRe: msg 1

The second suspect connected to a mass stabbing spree died shortly after being taken into police custody, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have confirmed.

In a press conference, the RCMP said that Myles Sanderson went into what was described as "medical distress" shortly after being detained earlier Wednesday afternoon. He was taken to a hospital in Saskatoon and pronounced dead, Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore told reporters. She said she could not provide further detail about his death, except to say that "all life-saving measures were taken."

Before their deaths, the two Sanderson brothers had been charged with a total of four counts of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder and two counts of breaking and entering a residence.

READ MORE 

npr.org/2022/09/07/1121645063/

Dot_hoe

Sep-21

I can't even imagine how these actions can possibly be done?

MochaSofa

Sep-21

Canada has more knifing than gun shots! ?

Guard101

Sep-23

I have no idea, but it seems that they had training among the underground gangsters.