Tame the Chaos!

Hosted by Cstar1|Webpage

Whether it's fair weather or foul, hurricane, tornado, blizzard, flood, volcano, climate & fire are the bill of fare here.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Air Too Clean   Sky

Started Nov-4 by Cstar1; 386 views.
Cstar1
Host

Nov-4

What does that even mean? Are these people listening to what is coming out of their own mouths? 

• Edited November 4, 2017 10:12 am  by  Cstar1
In reply toRe: msg 1
Cstar1
Host

Nov-4

In reply toRe: msg 1
LoveRiot

Nov-5

Pfffffffffft.

when will it end?

Cstar1
Host

Nov-5

LoveRiot said:

when will it end?

I wish I knew!

In reply toRe: msg 4
LoveRiot

Nov-5

It reminded me of the series I watched last year, "Years of Living Dangerously" in which a family was sick with breathing problems because a factory opened near their home. It was even more shocking in China where the pollution was so bad, they coverd a situation of an  ill child with oxygen and masks. They had to move in order to help that child thrive. All the time that I had seen footage of commuters with masks in Asia, I had believed it was because they didn't want to catch colds/flu, but it turns out it was because of pollution.

So it just astounds me to hear something so ridiculous.

Cstar1
Host

Nov-5

LoveRiot said:

it just astounds me to hear something so ridiculous.

It is astounding, and we cannot allow people - especially people in power - get away with spouting such nonsense. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Cstar1
Host

Nov-5

Owen (Cymbyz)

Nov-5

Did you ever see the pic of the day it was so smoggy in Beijing that they put up a video of sunrise on their large public viewing screens?

In reply toRe: msg 7

I see he said that the jury was out on exact causal relationships between particulate matter and health effects.  He opined that SOME irritants may actually have some beneficial effects.  This refers indirectly to the belief that some exposure to pathogens increases immune responses later in life.

On thing that stirred a few nests was his comment on removing names from the list as follows: "More recently, Pruitt announced that no scientist who received funding from the agency would be eligible to serve on the advisory board".  Sounds like a measure to prevent a bunch of YES men from becoming directors or managers.  Similar in concept to the provisions preventing lobbyists from participating in rule making or governmental regulatory bodies for a period of time after leaving said lobbyist positions.

Cstar1
Host

Nov-7

Bike (URALTOURIST1) said:

This refers indirectly to the belief that some exposure to pathogens increases immune responses later in life

Yeah, I figured that's where he came up with that idea, but it's ill-informed and just plain stupid when it comes to air quality.

And I understand wanting to avoid being advised by people who would benefit from decisions made by an advisory board, but you don't cut out the scientists and include only the corporate oil and gas lobbiests!