Questions and Answers -  Do you like sewing" (68 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-11 6:34 PM 
To: All  (1 of 11) 

Do  you like to sew or knit, or crochet?   I hate sewing, bleh, I never had the desire to do crafts.  I hated sewing so much in home ec in school, I had my tonsils out and missed it LOL

From: Kid (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-14 8:13 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 11) 
 41549.2 in reply to 41549.1 

I like to learn hows to do things so yes I liked learning how to sew, knit, crochet, hook rugs, cart wool, weave, paint, draw, print, batik, cross stitch... oh I could go on. Some I learned in school or at a class (or guides) and other things I taught myself from books or TV. Trouble is, once I learn how and do those things a few times I lose interest and want to learn something new lol. So after I got bored in sewing (I took it for three years in jr high!) I suggested we use our time for other things as well - we gave each other haircuts for one.

Reply   Options 

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-15 8:43 AM 
To: Kid (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 11) 
 41549.3 in reply to 41549.2 

I hated it worse then math LOL

Now that I'm older, I regret not taking up painting beyond paint by numbers.  With bad fingers and hands, I don't dare try it, the mess I'd make  LOL

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-15 11:19 AM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 11) 
 41549.4 in reply to 41549.1 

I only have a low end Bernina and a Singer, both are collecting dust and stuff.

Funny story on sewing:  In the early 1960's, I was stationed on a ship in Key West (not air conditioned, eww), a new guy came aboard to calls of derision, he had his seabag in one hand and his sewing machine in the other, not too long after, he was Mr Popular, sewing ripped uniforms and doing other minor tailor tasks.  The guy was called "FIFI" for a number of reasons, his wife spoiled him SO bad, she even peeled his grapes for the lunch that she brought to the ship every day we were in port.  Ahh, to be so spoiled, I had to eat Smitty's "stuff" all the time.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-15 3:41 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 11) 
 41549.5 in reply to 41549.4 

He was the smart one, especially if he charged for sewing!

It's been decades since I've had a sewing machine lol!

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 11) 
 41549.6 in reply to 41549.1 

I like to crochet granny squares.  Nothing else.  The repetitive nature of the job is relaxing to me, as something pretty and nice to touch grows in my hands.  

Sewing..  I can do simple sewing.  Very simple.

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-16 3:10 PM 
To: ABSue DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 11) 
 41549.7 in reply to 41549.6 

LOL  You do a lot more then I do, I do none!

The forums are my form of relaxing, I put some music on, and post away :)

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 11) 
 41549.8 in reply to 41549.7 

If there's music within earshot, I can't follow what I'm trying to read.   You are very talented!

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-16 4:35 PM 
To: ABSue DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 11) 
 41549.9 in reply to 41549.8 

Thank you, I'm just a multi tasker, always doing something!

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 11) 
 41549.10 in reply to 41549.9 

A worthwhile talent.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.