Venting -  Please don't do what I've done to myself (384 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-30 3:09 PM 
To: All  (1 of 52) 

I am hoping this helps others avoid being in the shape I am in; I have no one to blame for me;   IF I had taken a yearly check up a lot of this could have been avoided.  So first, please get regular check ups.

I didn't realize it until three years ago when I leaned the hard way that I am diabetic, type 2.  It's affected my vision, they are testing me, they feel I may ave damage to my kidneys from it.   

I also have diabetic neuropathy in my fingers and toes.  This causes them to be numb, like they are on Novocaine.   I'm lucky in that I don't have the pain that can go with it

The good news is diabetes can be managed, though the damage is not reversible.

So please, take care of yourself,  I wish I had... get a check up and avoid all this

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-30 4:07 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 52) 
 41557.2 in reply to 41557.1 

May you have a good season and take care of the rest of your days.  DMII is NOTHING to fool around with.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

Reply   Options 

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-30 4:22 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 52) 
 41557.3 in reply to 41557.2 

Thank you kindly, I really want to be around for quite a while yet!  I hope my vent gets people to get check ups and take better care of themselves!

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-1 11:03 AM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 52) 
 41557.4 in reply to 41557.1 

Well if you could look a ways down the road ahead you would see me. My feet are so numb you could stick a needle in me and I wouldn't feel it.

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 2:16 PM 
To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 52) 
 41557.5 in reply to 41557.4 

Mine are very close to being that bad, they do have a little feeling but not much

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-1 4:01 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 52) 
 41557.6 in reply to 41557.5 

there are alot of things to keep track of last summer i had a colonoscopy and they found a cancer (on a "routine" exam) i have  ended up in hospital, difficult surgery, post surgical infection - hospital  again, finally i think it is pointing the right way

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 4:07 PM 
To: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 52) 
 41557.7 in reply to 41557.6 

I wish I  had taken better care of myself and had gotten yearly checkups.  

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-1 4:16 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 52) 
 41557.8 in reply to 41557.7 

don't beat yourself up, you got help and treatment when you did, and are going forward from this day forward.

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-2 2:24 PM 
To: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 52) 
 41557.9 in reply to 41557.8 

Thank you;  I am glad I did finally start shaping up;  I'm happy that I've heard at least three people saw my rant and it opened their eyes too...

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-2 2:32 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 52) 
 41557.10 in reply to 41557.9 

i learnt something too, that is they do colonoscopy to find cancers and i had one found

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-52
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.