Tell us about your area -  I'm in Arizona (79 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-17 8:12 AM 
To: All  (1 of 11) 

What is it like in your area?  I'm nosey, I want to see what other parts of the country and the world are like...  I'll start...

Arizona is weird; the southern part of the state and the central part, where I am, in Phoenix, is mostly desert .... northern Arizona is the opposite, it has forests, gets snow, and yep, we have ski resorts.    Phoenix, our summers range from 110 to 118 and sometimes higher,  Flagstaff, up in Northern Arizona, their idea of hot is 90. 

To: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 11) 
 41574.2 in reply to 41574.1 
Shhh. Don't tell anyone but the climate here gets a little bit of everything throughout the year. If not in a high rise, one can manage without AC. Winters get cold but sniw and ice rarely last more than a week at a time. Summers are nice outside. Rain comes and goes all year. Many plants grow without steady watering. Strawberries and tomstoes grow hanging off balconies. Remember, keep it quiet.

From: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-21 5:46 PM 
To: kizmet1  (3 of 11) 
 41574.3 in reply to 41574.2 

I won't tell a soul   :)

To: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 11) 
 41574.4 in reply to 41574.3 
Good.

From: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-21 6:41 PM 
To: kizmet1  (5 of 11) 
 41574.5 in reply to 41574.4 

:)

To: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 11) 
 41574.6 in reply to 41574.1 

I now live on the coast of South Carolina.  I have lived in 6 states, WI, MI, OH, PA, SC and NC.  Each state has something going for it in regards to weather.  I grew up with snow but now living in SC I just want to see it on TV not in my city.  I like it here as I would take hurricanes over tornadoes. With hurricanes you know well in advance that it "may" hit you.

This is a resort area and every year the traffic gets worse but I'm sure that happens many places.

I think it really doesn't matter where you live but how nice your neighbors are around you.  I have had both terrible and very good.

border=

Reply   Options 

From: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-22 12:13 PM 
To: Tedster (MARCIASC)  (7 of 11) 
 41574.7 in reply to 41574.6 

Hi!  The first six years of life, I lived in NYC, then we moved to Arizona.  I'd take our hot summers, 110 and above, over the hurricans, snow, and tornadoes.

We are a snowbird/ tourist state and our traffic is lousy as well, people bring their various driving habits with them.

Very true with the neighbors, same here.

To: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 11) 
 41574.8 in reply to 41574.7 

Years ago my DH and I had been visiting our daughter in St. Louis and then went to see the Grand Canyon.  We were in Flagstaff and it started snowing and snowing and snowing.  I remember thinking.....I'm in Arizona where it's HOT not snowing.  Grin.....I did learn that Arizona does have many different kinds of weather in the state.

border=

From: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-23 11:11 AM 
To: Tedster (MARCIASC)  (9 of 11) 
 41574.9 in reply to 41574.8 

LOL  Yes, we like to say if you don't like the weather here go to Flagstaff or come down to Phoenix

To: Mighty Midget of Delphi (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 11) 
 41574.10 in reply to 41574.9 

Actually SC and NC are a lot like that.  We have the beach and ocean on one side and we have mountains on the other side.  They get snow in the mountains a lot although they aren't what I consider high mountains.

border=

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.