Questions and Answers -  What is your favorite restaurant? (70 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-14 7:26 AM 
To: All  (1 of 11) 

I like my neighborhood IHOP, the staff is great and know me fairly well, gee I wonder why?   LOL  I also love my Golden Corral Buffet, good food, not bad for a buffet, and nice selection.  Again, the staff knows me. LOL

Those are my two favorites, Denny's here is good and my AARP card does help with the bill.  There aren't that many mom 'n pop places near me, there are two, and I don't care for Mexican food, most of wich is not diabetic friendly, the other is Russian, I've never tried this.

What about you?

To: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 11) 
 41592.2 in reply to 41592.1 

hey there-

the Denny's across from work knows my preferences pretty well. it's nice to be recognized, feel like a regular in a good way. I prefer to patronize mom & pops, but Denny's is right across the street & they treat me welll.

Favorite local mom & pops I can think of - a pizza place with great Italian subs (pizza not so good), a Cuban place with great garlic chicken ($15 & good for 2 meals), a steak house for special occasions, and a French bistro joint with so-so staff but great sandwiches & sides for the price ($12 in los angeles & 1 order works for lunch and dinner).  the pizza place's subs are $8 and are also good for lunch & dinner AND the guys there treat me like a princess....but the food isn't the healthiest. 

From: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-17 7:02 AM 
To: June2019  (3 of 11) 
 41592.3 in reply to 41592.2 

Hi and thank you for stopping by  :)

My IHOP knows me so well most of the staff know what my brother and I like to drink.  The hostess is on a first name basis with us and management stops my to say hi.  Golden Corral, my favorite server knows which type of table I perfer with my walker, a wider one.  

It's nice being spoiled, isn't it?   

From: Lady Shenanigans (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-19 11:30 PM 
To: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 11) 
 41592.4 in reply to 41592.3 

it is good finding places where they know what you want to do with the walker. I have places where they think I want a chair removed and places where they think I want it taken across the room without my permission>
I am training people everywhere to ASK when they move it, not just move it, and that i prefer to move it myself if it is possible.

Reply   Options 

From: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-20 6:35 AM 
To: Lady Shenanigans (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 11) 
 41592.5 in reply to 41592.4 

I love it when they move a chair for me, I like having extra room for my walker, and it's troublesome for me to move it myself.

From: Lady Shenanigans (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-20 3:57 PM 
To: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 11) 
 41592.6 in reply to 41592.5 

depends on if they move the chair so I can sit  in a c hair next to it, or when they assume I am going to sit on the walker.

From: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-20 6:01 PM 
To: Lady Shenanigans (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 11) 
 41592.7 in reply to 41592.6 

My places know I want a chair to sit on, some places I don't go to often ask me.

From: Lady Shenanigans (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-20 6:59 PM 
To: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 11) 
 41592.8 in reply to 41592.7 

your places seem more enlightened than mine. Or maybe its just I remember the worst better than the good stuff.

From: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-20 7:57 PM 
To: Lady Shenanigans (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 11) 
 41592.9 in reply to 41592.8 

Or a combination of both.

From: Lady Shenanigans (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-20 11:25 PM 
To: The Wacky One (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 11) 
 41592.10 in reply to 41592.9 

I don't like for people to just take my walker and stash it somewhere. I want them to ask me. If it is possible for me to move it out of the way myself I want them to ask me to move it.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.