General -  How to deal with anxiety in these times (87 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-19 9:06 AM 
To: All  (1 of 10) 

How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It’s terrifying to learn that an illness such as coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading across the globe. The early stages of a pandemic can be especially anxiety-provoking. During this time, you don’t know how widespread or deadly the illness is going to end up being.

Feelings of fear, anxiety, sadness, and uncertainty are normal during a pandemic. Fortunately, being proactive about your mental health can help to keep both your mind and body stronger.

Ways to take care of yourself include:

To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 10) 
 41606.2 in reply to 41606.1 

All Good solutions, my problema is avoiding the news from questionable sources.

Our "big box" store similar to Costco, is ·Correfuer (bigger the costco one stop shopping if posible.

Today ran out of unread paperbacks and went there and discovered that except for books and food, the rest taped off.

I asume a lot of people are catching up on their Reading because no bare spots in the food aísles, but the book shelves were only about

20% full, obviously well picked over. My village has its own TV station, which discontinued all its regular programming because the teachers

have taken it over so it offers 48 30 minute clases back to back 24:7 From 08:00 until 22:00 on the hour for primary clases and the half half our for secondary. These are live and interactive via e-mail From 22:00 until 08:00 they are taped during the day on the assumption that when aired at night they Will be taped for use during the day.  For preschollers the regular channels are reprogrammed for kids - parents are happy, imagine parents of 4 kids stuck at home inside, with their kids all day every day for two weeks. Lots of cops and cop auxiliaries on duty as locals need permission to leave the village, and outsiders the same to get in. People here are usually friendly, but now noticeably more so, streets empty except for queues outside pharmacy, health center, city hall, and markets. and bakeries.

Reply   Options 

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-20 12:10 PM 
To: RGoss99  (3 of 10) 
 41606.3 in reply to 41606.2 

I'm positive parents world wide are going bonkers, even those that can work at home, how tricky it must be to focus on work and not replying to anyone hollering "mommie" or "daddy".  A lot of children cannot understand all this, neither can a lot of adults.

So far things in Phoenix are ok, for the most part people are staying home except for going to the store or pharmacy.

To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 10) 
 41606.4 in reply to 41606.3 

Somwhere on the net a mom reported (possibly made this up) that when her daughter found out she did not have to go to school for 2 weeks, she said,

"good, two weeks without haveing to worry about getting shot."

Anyway, having kids out of school is a problem in many places for Christmas and Spring break. But we have a sort of different structure regarding education in the U.S.

Here school is all academic or vocational, the curriculum after primary does not include sports or the arts. this comes under the department of culture, as a result

that department does not take school vacations, so summer, chruistmas, easter provide lots of activities especially for the kids during those times. At all three of these periods,

school kids go on an excursion which they plan and organize. This Christmas the high school trip was skiing in North Africa. Several years back an oiltanker broke up on the

Atlantic coast, so the last minute they changed their plans and did a week of cleanup. Financially they came out ahead because while they paid for transport, the locals in Galicia gave them free

room and board. Great photos of kids covered in oil and mud cleaning up ducks, beaches, etc. Easter and summer are usually camping trips. 

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-20 1:21 PM 
To: RGoss99  (5 of 10) 
 41606.5 in reply to 41606.4 

I can imagine, more then adults, kids are very confused and upset about all these changes. Especially those with mental issues like autism.

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-24 7:27 AM 
To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 10) 
 41606.6 in reply to 41606.5 

This posting and forum have been featured in today's Delphi Daily News ~ Join in!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=3307.1

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-24 7:37 AM 
To: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 10) 
 41606.7 in reply to 41606.6 

Good morning and thank you  :)

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-24 9:15 AM 
To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 10) 
 41606.8 in reply to 41606.7 

Good Morning my friend and you are welcome!

From: GeneK (LoveableGene) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-25 2:20 PM 
To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 10) 
 41606.9 in reply to 41606.1 

Check my emails. Play my baseball games, etc. Need to go to the Chinese restaurant and have some Sechwan food

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-25 2:26 PM 
To: GeneK (LoveableGene) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 10) 
 41606.10 in reply to 41606.9 

I check emails, surf the net for everything from the silly to the serious.  Plus I like watching travel videos too.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.