Tech Cafe -  Have a question... (181 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: MrSantaClaus  (1 of 4) 

Hi Santa.... gotta question for ya..   My mom's Lenovo isn't coming on or when it does its asking for a boot disc  does this mean its dead???  I have a feeling that it is.. she is now using her Dell desktop. She also tried calling you twice and left messages but had not heard anything. she knows you are busy.. if there is any way you can help out .. let me know..

thanks,

Mimi

Reply   Options 

To: Nonbrat  (2 of 4) 
 11789.2 in reply to 11789.1 

Yes, mimi I can help her but she is going to have to accept using the new HP windows 10 laptop and find that it is just as good as her old Lenovo one.

Have her call me..

To: MrSantaClaus  (3 of 4) 
 11789.3 in reply to 11789.2 

Hi  Santa, 

yeah according to her she has no problems using win 10  she thinks the  HP is cursed lol but she is complaining about that Microsoft window that keeps popping up when she is trying to work.  she just wants to be able to do her work with word perfect as she hates Microsoft word.. she already  "gave " me her HP.. I keep telling her to keep using it since I have my own. but she thinks its a lemon and wont use it.. but like I said she has no problems adjusting to win 10 if needed. but she has stuff on the Lenovo due to her work..  I will try to get her to call you . only if you are available.. we don't want to take up much of yer time. we know you have other customers to take care of..

Mimi

To: Nonbrat  (4 of 4) 
 11789.4 in reply to 11789.3 

If you can help convince her that the Windows 10 and the HP laptop will be just great for her, I can do the rest. As far as recovering her files on that older Lenovo goes that is still possible but depending on how much the laptop wants to boot, the hard drive itself might be dying. In that case it will be a crap shoot to recover the files based upon luck and just the right abnormal timing.

Thanks Mimi!

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.