Welcome/General/Chat -  On The Street Where I Live (863 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-10 8:00 PM 
To: All  (1 of 181) 

Most of you are probably familiar with the song from "My Fair Lady" - On The Street Where You Lived.  Well, the pic clip below is On The Street Where "I" Live.     (Vic Damone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwhUipIX_oA   )

We live in an HOA (Home Owner's Association) subdivision called Highland Park Villas, which has connected townhomes as well as stand-alone townhomes.  We have a stand-alone and have enjoyed being here since moving from a seniors complex almost 3 years ago.  We lived on a beautiful lake here in The Village of Bella Vista (Arkansas) for 18 years and then downsized about 5 years ago.  I love the feeling of having your own home.   We have 1600 sq. feet.  When leaving the lake home of over 3000 sq. feet, we went to an apartment of 1380 sq. ft., so we did grow a bit with the townhome.  For this time of life, it is a great place to be as yardwork and exterior maintenance is done by the HOA.  The HOA was kind enough to plant a redbud in each yard throughout the development, so come spring, it gets mighty pretty around here, temperatures permitting.

Spring 2019 is proving to be a very beautiful one, even though it's to turn cold tomorrow afternoon and be cold through weekend.  We hit a record today of 90 degrees, so a cooldown might be good.  It's to get down to 40 Sunday night but back up to 72 on Monday.  I did talk to a fellow in Salt Lake City this afternoon and he said it was 44 there whereas the day before it had been 85.  So, it's headed our way. 

I got out today and took these pics on our street.  I think you will agree there is beauty in redbud trees.  Next on agenda for flowering trees are the dogwoods.  They are especially beautiful in the wild.  The sarviceberry tree, also known as popcorn trees have "sort of" already bloomed, but they last longer than the redbuds.  Too bad we don't have this beauty all summer.  The summer beauty here is the crepe myrtles which can be gorgeous.  They come in bush or tree form.

Please feel free to add any pics of where you live in this thread too.  It's always fun to know where we all live, so come join the fun.

• Edited April 10, 2019 9:58 pm  by  JZBelle

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-10 8:01 PM 
To: Franki 7775 (franki7775) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 181) 
 5728.2 in reply to 5728.1 

Thought you might enjoy post #1.

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-10 8:02 PM 
To: Dave (Newman111107)  (3 of 181) 
 5728.3 in reply to 5728.2 

To: Cathy (237cats) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 181) 
 5728.4 in reply to 5728.2 

To: Birdie (birdsongbay)  (5 of 181) 
 5728.5 in reply to 5728.2 

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-10 8:03 PM 
To: MsBenzLover (rubyjean3) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 181) 
 5728.6 in reply to 5728.1 

To: smurby  (7 of 181) 
 5728.7 in reply to 5728.1 

To: AussieLinda (lbrooks50)  (8 of 181) 
 5728.8 in reply to 5728.1 

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-10 8:04 PM 
To: The CrAzEy LeMmInG; Spring is here! (ROBERTJVAN) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 181) 
 5728.9 in reply to 5728.1 

From: JZBelle DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-10 8:04 PM 
To: PJKELLER  (10 of 181) 
 5728.10 in reply to 5728.1 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 161-170 171-180 181
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.