Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
ABC -  Felicity Huffman snags new show on ABC (373 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 11:00 AM 
To: All  (1 of 23) 

Deadline:

EXCLUSIVE: Felicity Huffman is returning to acting — and to ABC — with a single-camera comedy that has landed a big pilot production commitment at the network. The Peanut Butter Falcon‘s Zack Gottsagen co-stars in the project from Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment.

Written by Becky Hartman Edwards, the untitled comedy is inspired by Susan Savage, the real-life owner of the Triple-A baseball team the Sacramento River Cats. It marks the first project Huffman has taken on since the 2019 college admission scandal.

The Emmy-winning actress has been heavily courted for TV series and pilots since she completed her short prison sentence after pleading guilty to fraud more than a year ago. Kaplan approached Huffman with the idea about a series inspired by Savage, which she responded to. He brought on Hartman Edwards as a writer, and Gottsagen, who has a talent deal with Kapital, came on board to co-star opposite Huffman. The project was taken out, attracting multiple offers and ultimately landing at ABC. It was then laid off at ABC Signature.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 23) 
 3424.2 in reply to 3424.1 

I don't know what think about that heavily courted comment...

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing." -- Proverbs 17:22 

"Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up." -- Proverbs 12:25

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. -----Norman Vincent Peale

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-16 12:26 PM 
To: LoveRiot DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 23) 
 3424.3 in reply to 3424.2 

LoveRiot said...

I don't know what think about that heavily courted comment...

I guess there is no such thing as bad publicity

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 23) 
 3424.4 in reply to 3424.3 

I pondered if everyone does what she did to get her child in a particular school but she was unlucky by getting caught, so they are reaching out to hire her for that reason.

Or it could be they feel she was mercilessly prosecuted in the public eye, so just helping out.

Or just wanted to help her because she lost her contract with Hallmark.

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing." -- Proverbs 17:22 

"Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up." -- Proverbs 12:25

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. -----Norman Vincent Peale

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-17 9:14 AM 
To: LoveRiot DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 23) 
 3424.5 in reply to 3424.4 

probably all three plus curiosity from people who haven't watched her before and are curious

To: LoveRiot DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 23) 
 3424.6 in reply to 3424.4 

It was Lori Loughlin that had the contract with Hallmark.  Felicity is an award winning actress so I think she has a better chance of reestablishing her career.  

Kerrie

To: Kerrie (KERRIELEE)  (7 of 23) 
 3424.7 in reply to 3424.6 

Kerrie (KERRIELEE) said...

It was Lori Loughlin that had the contract with Hallmark.

::slaps hand on forehead::

That's right. I was mixing things up. 

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

To: Kerrie (KERRIELEE)  (8 of 23) 
 3424.8 in reply to 3424.6 

I see that Lori Laughlin was also recently released from her prison term. None of the articles I skimmed mentioned anything about being offered work like Felicity has. I think they both committed the same crime and both paid for them, so why isn't Laughlin being offered a leg up and out? I wonder?

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

I’m a big believer in the power of art — to entertain, educate and open minds. -- Scott Maxwell

To: LoveRiot DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 23) 
 3424.9 in reply to 3424.8 
Could it be her attitude?

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-3 5:58 PM 
To: Darra DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 23) 
 3424.10 in reply to 3424.9 

Could be. Huffman worked out a deal but Loughlin didn’t and went to jail

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-23
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.