Cable & Syndicated -  Ken Jennings debuts as Jeopardy host (72 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-12 7:31 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

I thought Ken did great. He didn't stumble, was very good at reading the clues, interacting with the contestants and explaining wrong answers. The only weird part for me was when Ken was off camera reading the clues, it wasn't Alex's voice and that made it different. Ken has a good speaking voice & enunciates himself well. Interactive poll at the link to grade Ken's debut episode.

TV Line:

GOAT Jeopardy! contestant Ken Jennings took the guest-hosting reins in Monday’s episode of the iconic game show, filling the gargantuan void left by the late Alex Trebek. At the top of the broadcast, Jennings addressed the elephant in the room, assuring fans that he is fully aware that Trebek is irreplaceable.

“Sharing this stage with Alex Trebek was one of the greatest honors of my life,” Jennings said. “Not many things in life are perfect, but Alex did this job pretty much perfectly for more than 36 years, and it was even better up close. We were dazzled by his intelligence, charm and grace.

“Like all Jeopardy! fans, I miss Alex very much,” he continued, fighting back tears. “And I thank him for everything he did for all of us. Let’s be totally clear: No one will ever replace the great Alex Trebek. But we can honor him by playing the game he loved.” (Watch video of Jennings’ message to viewers above.)

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-14 9:11 AM 
To: All  (2 of 3) 
 3553.2 in reply to 3553.1 

new Jeopardy guest hosts added to the roster:

TV Line:

Sheldon is gonna be so jealous!

Big Bang Theory alum Mayim Bialik (currently starring in Fox’s Call Me Kat) will serve as one of Jeopardy!‘s rotating guest hosts, EP Mike Richards announced on Wednesday. 60 MinutesBill Whitaker has also joined the interim guest host roster that thus far includes former Today co-anchor Katie Couric, NFL star Aaron Rodgers and the current temporary emcee, Ken Jennings.

Per a Jeopardy! rep, as part of each guest host’s appearance, a donation will be made to a charity of their choice. The amount donated will equal the cumulative winnings of the contestants that compete during the weeks they serve as guest host.

“Alex was a legend, revered by all of us,” said Richards in a statement. “I want to thank our guest hosts, who will not only help all of us celebrate his great legacy, but also bring their own touch to the show.”

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-14 9:14 AM 
To: All  (3 of 3) 
 3553.3 in reply to 3553.2 

kind of cool to The Big Bang Theory star and nerd in real life, too, Mayim Bialik to join the rotating guest hosts

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.