Streaming TV & Video -  Star Trek prequel casts new Uhura (81 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-9 10:55 AM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

TV Line:

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is gearing up for its maiden voyage — and it’s adding a familiar face to its crew.

A new teaser for the upcoming Trek prequel, which you can watch above, reveals that cast member Celia Rose Gooding will be playing Uhura, the iconic character played by Nichelle Nichols on the original Star Trek series. “I am thrilled and honored to say that I will be playing Cadet Nyota Uhura,” Gooding says in the video, adding: “I am so excited to be stepping into this legacy.”

The first-look video also introduces us to more cast members like Jess Bush as Nurse Christine Chapel and Babs Olusanmokun as Dr. M’Benga, both characters from the original Trek. Plus, we get a sneak peek at Ethan Peck reprising his Star Trek: Discovery role as Spock, now looking much more like Star Trek-era Spock with short bangs and a clean-shaven face.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 4141.2 in reply to 4141.1 

That sounds interesting! 

First Discussion>>

Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.