Cable & Syndicated -  Candace Bure's first GAC Christmas movie (176 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-14 10:05 AM 
To: All  (1 of 14) 

TV Line:

Five months after announcing her exit from Hallmark Channel, Candace Cameron Bure is confirmed for her first holiday movie for GAC Family.

Great American Family announced on Tuesday morning that Bure is set to star in and executive-produce A Christmas… Present, which will bow in November as part of the cabler’s “Great American Christmas” programming event (which returns Oct. 21).

Conceived and developed through Bure’s Candy Rock Entertainment shingle, A Christmas…Present finds the holiday-movie staple playing Maggie Larson, an overly scheduled real estate agent and Type-A mom who takes her family to spend Christmas with her widowed brother and his daughter.

Maggie and her brother have decidedly different expectations for the holiday, but through a series of transformative events, Maggie learns to embrace the reason for the season.

A Christmas… Present is about slowing down enough to recognize what’s right in front of our eyes,” Bure said in a statement. “The hustle and bustle of the Christmas season will arrive before we know it but it’s through the quiet moments that we hear God speak to us, directing our path to what’s most important.”

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 14) 
 5140.2 in reply to 5140.1 

Those Christmas movies are all so bad.  I’ve tried to watch a few, but they are all the same. I’d rather watch the Simpsons episode that spoofs those kinds of Christmas movies. It’s spot on and totally hilarious. 

To: BlueMoon67 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 14) 
 5140.3 in reply to 5140.2 

I record them for my Mom, and discovered I like the mystery or magical Christmas stories. Every once in a while they do a time travel story. Would you like something like that? 

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing." -- Proverbs 17:22 

I'm a big believer in the power of art -- to entertain, educate, and open minds." -- Scott Maxwell

"Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up." -- Proverbs 12:25

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. -----Norman Vincent Peale

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 14) 
 5140.4 in reply to 5140.1 

October 21--before Halloween. Oh boy.

Marci (marcinmin) said...

“The hustle and bustle of the Christmas season will arrive before we know it but it’s through the quiet moments that we hear God speak to us, directing our path to what’s most important.”

Oh, so are we going to have a religious element to it, too? Interesting.

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing." -- Proverbs 17:22 

I'm a big believer in the power of art -- to entertain, educate, and open minds." -- Scott Maxwell

"Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up." -- Proverbs 12:25

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. -----Norman Vincent Peale

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 14) 
 5140.5 in reply to 5140.1 
I'm just happy I won't see CCB in any more Hallmark movies. She makes my skin crawl for some reason. I don't watch all the fantasy movies, the end of life as we know it movies, or movies with demented murderers. Why watch a movie when you have to hide behind a pillow during 3/4 of it, so, I go to Hallmark and no-kill, no-monster movies. But, then, I'm old and stay off my lawn! ;-)

To: LoveRiot DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 14) 
 5140.6 in reply to 5140.3 

If it’s not a romance-based Christmas movie, I would probably watch it. But those guy-meets-girl Christmas movies are so formulaic. They always clash when they meet, then they get together, then they have a crisis, and then they end up together. That’s literally the plot of every single movie. It’s not that I don’t like Christmas movies, just not those. 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-14 9:14 PM 
To: Darra DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 14) 
 5140.7 in reply to 5140.5 

I likedBure as Aurora Teagarden in HMM. I don’t watch the Christmas or romance movies 

Click Below for my Forums:

To: BlueMoon67 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 14) 
 5140.8 in reply to 5140.2 

I tend to watch them all! ha ha  And you are right..a lot of them are bad and so predictable, but the ones that have good actors can pull it off somehow.  I really miss the mystery ones.  I think the love ones are worse.  Same story, just different locals.  I have begun to weed them out. lol  I like some of the recurring stars and tend to watch them.

Kerrie

To: LoveRiot DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 14) 
 5140.9 in reply to 5140.4 

Coming from Candace Cameron Bure I would expect nothing less!

Kerrie

To: BlueMoon67 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 14) 
 5140.10 in reply to 5140.6 

Yep, yep. I could have written your post, lol. But you forgot that they always have a hot cup of cocoa at the ready, too. And they plan to marry, with one of them uprooting their entire life from another state, but they didn't even kiss until the end of the movie, lol.

I record them for my 90something Mom, because Christmas is her favorite holiday (me too) and it's cozy with lots of decorations and Christmas activities. They are running on the tv, but I do other stuff for most of them. I actually watch if it seems like a different story than the typical romance. Even then, I may watch because of LOCATION and you get some of the Christmas customs from elsewhere, such as New Orleans, or New Mexico with Southwest Christmas traditions. But I mostly like the ones that have a magical element to them. 

Since they rerun all of them, if I come across some that are less formulaic, I'll give you a heads up. In fact, I already started my annual Christmas thread (I know, it's very early, but) because I found out the kid who was in the classic, A Christmas Story, is grown up and making a sequel (A Christmas Story Christmas) and bringing his own kids to his family home to have Christmas. It's set in the 70s. 

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.