Weight Loss/Obesity Discussion -  Obesity rate creeps up in US  (1854 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: JimM1971 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/23/08 11:31 PM 
To: All  (1 of 14) 
Obesity rate creeps up in US AFP - Fri Jul 18, 2:27 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Obesity continued to creep up in the United States last year and now affects more than one in four US adults, a US government report showed Friday.

Assistant Manager in      

Personal Law | Southern States | Delphi Medical Forum |  

Weight Watchers |  Atlantic States  < Forum's hot links, click on them .

My personal Quote: Follow your dreams, for I am Not worried where I am going . Just remembering where I have been.The mistakes in my past only made me the better man I am Today !

Shortcut to: http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

From: JimM1971 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/23/08 11:32 PM 
To: All  (2 of 14) 
 4993.2 in reply to 4993.1 

U.S. Obesity Epidemic Continues to Grow HealthDay - Thu Jul 17, 11:48 PM ET

THURSDAY, July 17 (HealthDay News) -- Despite wide-ranging efforts to encourage Americans to lose weight, the number of U.S. adults who are obese increased almost 2 percent between 2005 and 2007, a new report found.

Assistant Manager in      

Personal Law | Southern States | Delphi Medical Forum |  

Weight Watchers |  Atlantic States  < Forum's hot links, click on them .

My personal Quote: Follow your dreams, for I am Not worried where I am going . Just remembering where I have been.The mistakes in my past only made me the better man I am Today !

Shortcut to: http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/5/14 1:58 AM 
To: JimM1971 DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (3 of 14) 
 4993.3 in reply to 4993.1 

Texas obesity rate rising again

Dallas Morning News  

Obesity in Texas reached a high of 30.9 percent last year, after what seemed like a promising if slight decline in 2012, according to a report released Thursday.

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/17/14 12:38 AM 
To: All  (4 of 14) 
 4993.4 in reply to 4993.3 

Belly Up: American Waistlines Are Still Expanding, Study Finds

NBCNews.com  

American adult waistlines are still spreading, a new study finds. While body mass index, a key measure for obesity, has stabilized, our bellies have increased an inch over the last decade - to a circumference of almost 39 inches.

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/17/14 12:42 AM 
To: All  (5 of 14) 
 4993.5 in reply to 4993.3 
Boston Globe  

CHICAGO — The number of American men and women with big-bellied, apple-shaped figures — the most dangerous kind of obesity — has climbed at a startling rate over the past decade

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/21/14 12:16 AM 
To: All  (6 of 14) 
 4993.6 in reply to 4993.3 

U.S. waistlines just keep growing

DigitalJournal.com  

Despite the best efforts of health professionals, Americans' waistlines continue to expand, with women outpacing men. Slightly more than half of all Americans are now considered abdominally obese, according to a new study.

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/22/15 6:20 PM 
To: All  (7 of 14) 
 4993.7 in reply to 4993.3 
CBC.ca  - ‎6 hours ago‎

About two-thirds of U.S. adults are either overweight or obese, new figures suggest. It's estimated 39.9 per cent of men (36.3 million) and 29.7 per cent of women (almost 28.9 million) were overweight and 35 per cent of men (31.8 million) and 36.84 per cent of women were obese.

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/12/15 12:27 AM 
To: All  (8 of 14) 
 4993.8 in reply to 4993.7 

Obesity is still a growing problem for American adults, CDC says

Los Angeles Times  - ‎16 minutes ago‎

Nearly 38% of American adults were obese in 2013 and 2014, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/8/17 1:40 AM 
To: All  (9 of 14) 
 4993.9 in reply to 4993.8 
Reuters
(Reuters Health) - A growing share of overweight and obese Americans are not trying to shed excess pounds, and researchers think it's at least in part because more people see being fat as socially acceptable, if not healthy. Over roughly the past three decades, the proportion of adults who are overweight and obese has surged from 53 percent to 66 percent, researchers report in JAMA. Over that same period, the proportion of heavy adults trying to lose weight dropped from 56 percent to 49 percent. Losing weight is hard, and keeping it off is even harder. This may explain at least some of the waning national interest in weight loss, said senior study author Dr. Jian Zhang, a public health researcher at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro. "It's hard to drop pounds," Zhang said by email. "It's a life-long commitment and painful, and many of us have tried and failed, tried and failed, and finally failed to try anymore." A lot of heavier adults are probably also seeing so many other overweight and obese people that they feel comfortable at their current size and don't feel social pressure to slim down. ...

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/8/17 1:42 AM 
To: All  (10 of 14) 
 4993.10 in reply to 4993.8 
Los Angeles Times
It stands to reason that if you know you're overweight or obese, and you know your extra pounds are unhealthy, that you've made a stab at losing weight. Right? Not so much anymore, new research shows.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.