Muppet People -  Leslie Carrara-Rudolph live in NYC (672 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 15) 

After two sold out shows in the spring Leslie Carrara-Rudolph is bringing back her acclaimed show "What Just Happened?"  for two more performances this fall.

Audiences have been laughing so hard they cried and then shedding a poignant tear or two as well.

Saturday Sept 30th at 7pm
  and
  Saturday Nov 18th at 7pm

at The Laurie Beechman Theatre (407 W 42nd St at the corner of 9th Ave)
Tickets are $20 with a $20 food and beverage minimum and can be purchased here:  https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/971432

The show's description is: Leslie Carrara-Rudolph takes a break from Sesame Street to perform her ADULT cabaret! With music, stories and unexpected whimsy, anything can happen! Featuring Michael Hicks on piano.

To: Smig (SMIGLIANO)  (2 of 15) 
 17292.2 in reply to 17292.1 

Smig, this seems like something you would enjoy.

Reply   Options 

To: *Jes* (queserasera0)  (3 of 15) 
 17292.3 in reply to 17292.2 

I'm sure I would. But sadly, I simply can't afford to go to NYC on a whim. I will be there for Comic-con, though. so hopefully I'll see Leslie there. She usually goes, and often does a show for the kids.

I've got to start playing the lottery more. ;0)

To: MKL (mikekirklane)  (4 of 15) 
 17292.4 in reply to 17292.1 

Oh, cool. I'll actually be in NY that week of Nov doing some other Muppety things. Has anyone seen the show before?

To: Eric (url_weirdo)  (5 of 15) 
 17292.5 in reply to 17292.4 

I have, and it's delightful.  She's a force of wacky nature.

To: -Ryan R- (PrawnRR)  (6 of 15) 
 17292.6 in reply to 17292.5 

Nice, I'll try to check it out. All I've seen was her short performance at the Dave Goelz celebration, and that's a pretty good description.

To: Eric (url_weirdo)  (7 of 15) 
 17292.7 in reply to 17292.6 

Not-really-a-spoiler: Although the cabaret is intended to entertain adults, Lolly Lardpop and other puppets appear.

• Edited September 12, 2017 10:04 am  by  -Ryan R- (PrawnRR)

To: -Ryan R- (PrawnRR)  (8 of 15) 
 17292.8 in reply to 17292.7 

If that's a spoiler, i sure picked the wrong picture from the show to use in my initial post.

To: All  (9 of 15) 
 17292.9 in reply to 17292.8 

She gave my husband and I one of her postcards advertising this show after the Frank Oz thing last Friday. We won't be able to make the performance next week, but perhaps the one in October. Friday night events are tough. I had to take a half day of work last Friday for Frank Oz which is not easy to do these days given current work situation.

To: -Ryan R- (PrawnRR)  (10 of 15) 
 17292.10 in reply to 17292.5 

-Ryan R- (PrawnRR) said...

I have, and it's delightful.  She's a force of wacky nature.

Hi Ryan! Were you at the first show? I was at the second, which was so full I could have not known you were there. I was plunked in the very front row and in the spotlight, and with a title like "What Just Happened?" at not knowing what I was in for, and it being Leslie... I felt a combination of excitement and more than a little trepidation.

Some expressed concern about the price, but in hindsight $20 for the performance + $20 for the meal was well worth it.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-15
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.