General Discussion -  Muppet Music on the Anchor App (332 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

So this is a little self promotional, but it's something I think you guys would be interested in. As some of you may know, I run a Tumblr blog and Twitter page dedicated to Muppet music, both called Eight Muppety Notes (taken from the song "Eight Little Notes"). And today, I started an Eight Muppety Notes station on a really cool app called Anchor! Anchor allows you to create your own online radio station and listen other user generated stations. You can record your own voice as well as upload music and audio files, which is why I thought it would be the perfect place for Muppet music. And you can interact with other stations by calling in playing other people's messages when they call in to your station and by commenting. I've been using it for a couple months now, and it's a lot of fun! There are stations about everything from news to tech to Disney to Star Wars, but no Muppets yet, so I think it would be really cool to start building a Muppet fan presence on there. So feel free to listen and maybe even favorite or call in to request a song! Here is the link: https://anchor.fm/eight-muppety-notes?at=803227

Reply   Options 

From: Scott (scarecroe) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-17 6:58 PM 
To: Macy (magictoast15)  (2 of 8) 
 17299.2 in reply to 17299.1 

Sounds like fun!

I always thought it was funny that Rowlf says cantatas twice when I'm guessing the second one should have been sonatas.

To: Macy (magictoast15)  (3 of 8) 
 17299.3 in reply to 17299.1 

I'm glad to know about this.  I listen to a few different online radio stations in my classroom when I'm without students, so this will be cool to have.

To: Scott (scarecroe) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 17299.4 in reply to 17299.2 

Me too. It threw me off a little bit when I posted it the other day, because I'm used to listening to the Ol' Brown Ears Is Back version where he sings "sonatas" the first time.

To: Justin T. (jwtonglet)  (5 of 8) 
 17299.5 in reply to 17299.3 

Happy to be of service!

To: Macy (magictoast15)  (6 of 8) 
 17299.6 in reply to 17299.4 

Ah, thanks for chiming in with that.  I'm most familiar with the Brown Ears version, so I was confused by Scott's comment, but I figured I've just been subconsciously correcting it all these years.

To: Macy (magictoast15)  (7 of 8) 
 17299.7 in reply to 17299.1 

Sounds awesome! I'll check that out. 

Were there a lot of restrictions on the type of station you could create? I tried doing Live365 for a while, but it was frustrating because free accounts had a very limited amount of songs they could upload, and you couldn't upload more than 3 songs by the same artist, and lots of other restrictions that made it not fun.

The last time I checked, the whole site had gone under for 2 years, and I hadn't even noticed.

Is Anchor more easy to use than that?

To: Macy (magictoast15)  (8 of 8) 
 17299.8 in reply to 17299.1 

Very cool, Macy! Glad to meet a fellow Muppet-music blogger :) (ourmelodymuppetblog.wordpress.com)

How do you go about pulling the audio for the station? There are some Fraggle Rock songs I wish I had mp3s for but they aren't available commercially.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.