Tough People -  Richard Hunt Bio: Your Thoughts (1185 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 26) 

What are you hoping to see in Hunt's biography? What questions are you curious about?

Reply   Options 

To: max_stein  (2 of 26) 
 17310.2 in reply to 17310.1 

Ooh, a lot. His coming-out story, what it was like to transition from being one of the youngest Muppet performers to the big brother figure to the new arrivals, more stories of his legendary improvising...

To: max_stein  (3 of 26) 
 17310.3 in reply to 17310.1 

I would hope to see a lot about both Richard Hunt the person and Richard Hunt the Muppet guy that I've never heard before.  It sounds like you're on track with that.

I guess I'd be curious about his personal perspective on various Muppet projects: What were his favorite things to work on?  Were there some that he thought could have been better?  And how he approached various characters... That clip where he talks about how all Junior Gorg really wants to do is put on a circus with the Fraggles is interesting and funny, and I'm sure he had a lot of thoughts on all his characters.

To: max_stein  (4 of 26) 
 17310.4 in reply to 17310.1 

I'd agree with Ryan on his perspectives on projects and characters. There was an interview with Steve (I think the MuppetCast) where he discusses taking up the role of Beaker and being unsure of where the character came from within Richard, and that'd be interesting to know.

To: All  (5 of 26) 
 17310.5 in reply to 17310.4 

Any more thoughts?

To: max_stein  (6 of 26) 
 17310.6 in reply to 17310.5 

Ditto to all the thoughts previously mentioned. Frankly, it seems like there's less about Richard out there than there is the other performers. I guess that's because Jim was well documented even before his passing, while the rest of the main performers survived to the internet age and have been interviewed by fan sites.

Another thing I'd be interested in is more insight into some of the showbiz stories I've heard about Richard. The Sex Pistols meeting comes to mind, as does his relationship with Mark Hamill, which I had no idea about until Hamill tweeted about it a couple of months ago.

To: max_stein  (7 of 26) 
 17310.7 in reply to 17310.1 

Wait. There's a Richard bio coming out? Where'd you here this?

To: KarstenWJ (PigsLaundry)  (8 of 26) 
 17310.8 in reply to 17310.7 

I heard it from myself. I've been working on it since 2009. I've done 90 interviews, most recently with Mark Hamill.

jessicamaxstein.com

From: Scott (scarecroe) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-6 5:32 PM 
To: max_stein  (9 of 26) 
 17310.9 in reply to 17310.8 

Wow, 90 interviews? Time flies!

To: max_stein  (10 of 26) 
 17310.10 in reply to 17310.8 

Your dedication is amazing. I've enjoyed all the excerpts you've posted. I don't have any specific questions, would just love to learn more.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-26
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.