The Muppets -  What next? (700 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All Poll  (1 of 19) 
What next?
A new theatrical movie
A new TV series
A new TV movie
A new TV special
Other (Specify in comments)

41 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

To: All Poll  (2 of 19) 
 17324.2 in reply to 17324.1 

Not that we have any control over it, but just for fun...

When the Muppets did TMS Live at MuppetFest, it very much felt like it was meant to open doors. After the box-office and critical failure of MFS, the Muppets needed to show Hollywood they were still a viable property. And they did!

That led (or seemed to lead) to Very Merry the following year. 

So, if the Hollywood Bowl show was meant to have the same effect...what do you hope that this one leads to?

Full disclosure: I haven't picked an option myself yet. I don't think anyone is going to be willing to greenlight another theatrical movie or TV series at the moment, but the TV movies and specials of the 2000s are some of my personal least favorite productions, so I don't necessarily want more of that. I'm hoping that someone will be able to talk me into the best option. :)

To: Tom (ChillyDown) Poll  (3 of 19) 
 17324.3 in reply to 17324.2 

I think a TV special would be great. A big silly bunch of nonsense that's mostly jokes and doesn't lean too hard on trying to tell a story.

To: Anthony (AnthonyF3) Poll  (4 of 19) 
 17324.4 in reply to 17324.3 

Yeah, that sounds good.

I just want something as good as their live shows. Last time, it felt like they were riding high off of the live show, and then they overthought the TV movie a bit. They need something free-spirited. 

To: Tom (ChillyDown) Poll  (5 of 19) 
 17324.5 in reply to 17324.2 

Something inside me says it could be a live tour, or more live shows in another city. I'm heartened by the fact that a few years ago, Disney did a screening of The Nightmare Before Christmas with a live orchestra and cast members from the movie performing the songs. It was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" show at the Hollywood Bowl. It's now set to come to Brooklyn for two shows in December. If they could do that for Nightmare, I think they could do it for the Muppets.

To: Matthew (matt88mph) Poll  (6 of 19) 
 17324.6 in reply to 17324.5 

I should have put "more live shows" as an option. That would be truly wonderful!

To: Matthew (matt88mph) Poll  (7 of 19) 
 17324.7 in reply to 17324.5 

I'd like to see some more live shows too (NYC-based so I can attend). But, was the Hollywood Bowl show officially deemed a "success?" The crowds seemed to dig it and there were plenty of positive reviews, but I don't think any night completely sold out, so it's hard to tell if the financial gamble paid off for Disney.

From: Scott (scarecroe) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-4 4:14 PM 
To: Tom (ChillyDown) Poll  (8 of 19) 
 17324.8 in reply to 17324.1 

I feel like the Muppets owe us a Halloween TV special. A good one.

To: Scott (scarecroe) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (9 of 19) 
 17324.9 in reply to 17324.8 

Especially now that Uncle Deadly is back in the spotlight.

To: Scott (scarecroe) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (10 of 19) 
 17324.10 in reply to 17324.8 

Boy, I hear that. Still waiting on that unfulfilled promise from 1991. (Brian Henson mentioned that they were making one in TV Guide.)

I don't want to wait a whole another year for the next major project, but a Halloween project sometime in 2018 would be great.

I probably should have put as one of the options: "Anything but another Christmas production."

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-19
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.