Making A Difference -  Charitable Gifts and Heartfelt Giving (426 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-3 5:52 PM 
To: All  (1 of 40) 

Santa is so proud of all of you who give to charities each year.  It lights my heart up to know that so many people are so generous to others in need.  Mrs C of course loves to give to food banks, I give to children's charities, Rudolph focuses on animal related charities, and the elves spread their fun and joy all across the world.

In that spirit...Name your favorite charity, local or national.  Give links if you want - The more info provided the better we can spread the warmth and love of the Holiday Season!

Thank you to all.

Santa, Mrs Claus, Rudolph and all the Elves!!

To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 40) 
 3949.2 in reply to 3949.1 

My family gives to our local humane society and several local food banks.  Another family favorite is to use AmazonSmile when ordering.  

From: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-3 9:14 PM 
To: Jeri (azpaints)  (3 of 40) 
 3949.3 in reply to 3949.2 

Good suggestions.  There are so many in need this year thanks to the disasters.  All gifts are appreciated by the recipient, I can promise you!  And you get points towards getting on the Nice list.

To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 40) 
 3949.4 in reply to 3949.1 

Santa, there are so many and I don't have links.  With all the disasters we've had this year, there are so many people in need. 

The Red Cross is a good one.  I love the ones for our veterans, children with cancer and disabilities and the homeless.  Too many people in need.

Thanks for posting this.  Hugs

To: Gladys (GMF) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 40) 
 3949.5 in reply to 3949.4 

I have used this resource when i find I want to broaden my charitable giving.  Maybe this will help, lot of good solid charities.

https://www.charitywatch.org/top-rated-charities

From: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-5 1:26 PM 
To: Gladys (GMF) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 40) 
 3949.6 in reply to 3949.4 

Thank you, Gladys, for your thoughts and kind words.  So much need.  I see Jeri gave a link to Charity Watch and another good resource is Forbes.  Here is the link for that.  

https://www.forbes.com/top-charities/list/

Santa is so proud he hired that new computer tech savvy elf!!

From: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-5 3:00 PM 
To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 40) 
 3949.7 in reply to 3949.1 

Hi Santa,  I give to Farmington Adoption Center http://www.farmingtonpet.org/  as well as to food banks.  And I love knitting hats and scarves for the local hat drive.  Also quilting and crocheting lap robes and lapghans for the assisted living, nursing homes, and veterans.  I love this thread!  Those of us who have need to share, even if we have only a little bit.

From: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-6 12:27 AM 
To: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 40) 
 3949.8 in reply to 3949.7 

Thank you for the link!   Giving is such an important part of the holiday season all across the world!   Especially needed this year and it's nice that folks remember our four legged friends!  Oh, lap robes.  Mrs C makes me several.  Well...she tries, but those pesky elves keep stealing them when they get to be "elf sized".  It gets cold up here and lap robes and afghans are wonderfully appreciated.  I bet all your recipients really love theirs!.

To: Jeri (azpaints)  (9 of 40) 
 3949.9 in reply to 3949.5 

Thank you so much for the link, Jeri.  It has so many.  Wish I could give to all of them.

There's one I like also, but don't know the link.  It's Wounded Warriors or something like that.  I see that one on TV a lot.

Have a great day.  Hugs

To: Santa (OlStNick) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 40) 
 3949.10 in reply to 3949.6 

Thank you so much, Santa.  This is a great link.  I see St. Jude's Childrens Hospitals, Wounded Warriors and so many that I like.  Sooo many and wish I could give to all of them.

There's a lot of people that need help.  I wish I could have your computer tech, savvy elf!  lol

Have a wonderful day and hugs

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.