Travel by Plane -  Delta bans restroom use on flight (96 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-27 2:53 PM 
To: NISSY (NISSY2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (1 of 7) 

Looks like Delta is as bad an airline as United (Delta has thus far refused to apologize):

WISN Milwaukee

All passengers on a Delta Air Lines flight bound for Milwaukee had to deplane and reboard after one passenger got up to use the bathroom while the plane sat on the tarmac in Atlanta. Video of a portion of the April 18 incident was recorded by Krista Rosolino of Milwaukee because, she said, she and her husband were concerned about what was happening beside them. With the delayed flight on the tarmac, Kima Hamilton of Milwaukee got out of his seat to quickly use the bathroom. He's heard on Rosolino's video apologizing and explaining to a crew member that he was trying to avoid an "emergency." "I purchased this ticket. I've -- I had an emergency. I had to pee. ... I tried to hold it the first time. ... I absolutely couldn't...and now I'm being kicked off the plane," he's heard saying. Rosolino said she never felt Hamilton was a threat and that he seemed nice and friendly. She said the first Delta employee who got on the plane to confront Hamilton was very rude when he asked Hamilton to get off the plane. Rosolino said she was concerned Delta was treating Hamilton like he was not a person. On her video, Hamilton is heard repeatedly asking why he’s being asked to give up his seat and get off the plane. Hamilton calmly refused to leave his seat, asking for an explanation. A second Delta employee later confronted Hamilton and also asked him to leave. Hamilton eventually complied.

From: NISSY (NISSY2) DelphiPlus Member IconApr-27 2:59 PM 
To: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 2022.2 in reply to 2022.1 

I flew Delta once and have avoided it. It is non union and is based in Atlanta. I felt that it didn't have its act together.

For non union airlines, I preferred Continental.

Duty free shops in the Dutch town of Philipsburg, Sint Maarten on the Caribbean island of Saint Maarten (photo by Nissy, February, 2017)

Photo of the day: http://forums.delphiforums.com/alpu/messages/?msg=478.1

Find more about Weather in Tvedestrand, NOYou ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know -from Black-throated wind by the Grateul Dead

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-27 2:59 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 2022.3 in reply to 2022.1 
Daily Mail

Delta is the latest airline to come under fire after video emerged showing a passenger being told he had to get off a plane because he used the bathroom during a tarmac delay. Kima Hamilton, a 39-year-old 'DJ and poet' was due to travel on Delta Airlines Flight 2035 from Atlanta to Milwaukee on April 18. Unfortunately for all aboard the flight, they were delayed while waiting on the tarmac for about 30 minutes. During that hold-up, Hamilton needed to go to the bathroom. At one point, he stood up from his seat and walked to the back of the plane, then asked a flight attendant if he could duck in and relieve himself, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports...The attendant said no, telling the 39-year-old they would 'lose their place in line', if he did, according to the newspaper. Defeated and unrelieved, Hamilton returned to his seat. But as the delay continued and the plane remained stranded on the tarmac, Hamilton's need to go grew stronger. Fearing an 'accident' in his seat, the 39-year-old got back up and walked to the restroom at plane's rear. He went in, flushed, and returned to his seat in about a minute. But as Hamilton was sitting back down and buckling his seat belt, he claimed the flight crew made an announcement over the intercom. 'The pilot came on and said, 'Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but we have to return to the gate and remove a passenger',' he told the Journal-Sentinel.

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-27 4:30 PM 
To: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 2022.4 in reply to 2022.3 

I don't know if he has physical issues but I make sure I go at least 15 min before boarding starts.  And I minimize drinking water, so I've never had a problem

photo SpringtimeShorty_zps1g4qiucf.png

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-3 4:18 PM 
To: NISSY (NISSY2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 2022.5 in reply to 2022.2 

Other than kowtowing to organized labor, how is United better then Delta?  Not at all.  Unionization makes not one whit of difference in service.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-3 4:25 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 2022.6 in reply to 2022.5 

Unions or not, the real issue at United (Delta, or any airline)is whether they remember they are in the customer service business. Training and proper procedures will work in a union or non-union business.

Incidentally, Delta's pilots are unionized.   Delta's other employees essentially tossed a union when the merger with Northwest happened (NW had unions and lower wages, and that ended up with the merged airline employees mostly rejecting a union, except for the pilots).

From: NISSY (NISSY2) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-3 4:46 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 2022.7 in reply to 2022.5 

I prefer a union service provider to a non union provider in general but you can get good and poor service from both. A union shop is more difficult to manage. Southwest is a Union shop and it is very well managed but it makes the union

In general, I prefer a union service provider to a non union service provider but you can get good and poor service from either. A union shop is more difficult to manage because of the grievance process.

Soutwest Airlines is a very well managed union shop but management treats union employees more like partners, a lot like German corporations treat the workers.

I have already posted that I don't care for United or Delta. Both are a bit snobby towards their customers trying to make you feel that you are lucky to be on their plane.

Along the Indian River near Portsmouth in the Caribbean country of Dominica (photo by Nissy, February, 2017)

Photo of the day: http://forums.delphiforums.com/alpu/messages/?msg=478.1

Find more about Weather in Tvedestrand, NOYou ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know -from Black-throated wind by the Grateul Dead

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.