Travel by Plane -  Passengers stranded by airline collapse (53 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-2 2:08 AM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Passengers stranded after airline collapses +
Otago Daily Times | Mon Oct 02, 2017 05:59 UTC

United Kingdom airline Monarch has collapsed leaving 110,000 passengers stranded and about 300,000 future bookings cancelled. UK's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said on Monday Britain's Monarch Airlines ceased operations with immediate effect. "We're sorry to announce that Monarch has suspended flights and holidays," Monarch said on Twitter. Tough competition in the airlines sector has been putting pressure on weaker European carriers and driving consolidation, with Air Berlin and Alitalia filing for insolvency this year and seeking new investors for parts of their business.

From: Glen (GEAATL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-3 12:35 PM 
To: All  (2 of 2) 
 2078.2 in reply to 2078.1 

What can I do if my airline goes bust? - Skyscanner

Aug 15, 2017

In the unfortunate case of your airline going bust or failing, you have a few options for claiming flight cancellation costs on the airline or your travel insurance, but these depend on whether you bought your flights with a credit card, whether the flights were ATOL Protected and how much your flights cost to start with.Here’s Skyscanner's best advice for how to claim compensation if your airline goes bust, whether you’re on holiday, or it’s happened pre-departure.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.