The Virtual Traveler

Hosted by Cstar1

Travel the world with us. Watch and share videos and photos, and also get some amazing travel deals and sales. If you've explored the world, or wish you could, this forum is the starting point for your journeys. Relax and enjoy the world.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Upgrade to Zeta   General Travel Discussion

Started Nov-11 by Cstar1; 119 views.
Cstar1
Host

Nov-11

Hi Everyone, and Welcome back to The Virtual Traveler. 

I hope you'll all join me in thanking Glen for his past few years of running this forum. He did a great job, and it was fun to watch the forum grow!

I also hope you'll continue to participate, because forum members - both posters and readers, are what give the forum life and inspiration. 

I will admit that I much prefer the Zeta format to the Classic format, so I'm going to be upgrading this forum in a few minutes to Zeta. All Delphi development for the past few years has been to the Zeta interface, so that includes all new features. Live Story, embed articles, and even our chat now uses the Zeta interface. Some of you will like it, some of you won't. If you *really* don't want to use Zeta, I'm not going to force this forum to Zeta Only, like I have most of my other forums. If you want to continue to view this forum in Classic, you can, by changing your own preferences.

Here's how: If you have not already done so, go to My Preferences on the My Forums page.

Mark the box to view all Zeta forums as Classic, and click Update.

You'll continue to see this forum in Classic.

You will miss out on some of the features of a Zeta forum, like Live Story and embedding articles, but if you're happy with Classic, then by all means, that's how you should view this forum. 

I've gotta tell you though, I love the Live Story feature, and intend to use it in this forum a lot! 

I hope you'll continue to join us here, whether you view in Classic or in Zeta.

Thanks,

Cstar

In reply toRe: msg 1

Hi!

I admit I'm a Classic person but I am trying to adjust to Zeta; I've made a forum just to play with and learn more about it.... I'll get the hang of it one of these days  LOL

Cstar1
Host

Nov-12

Thanks for giving it a shot! It's really not that different, and all the newer features are in Zeta. 

In reply toRe: msg 3

I have some "duh" questions but that has to wait till my days off... but I'm  kind of liking some of the features I've seen

Ask away when you are ready. I have (or can take) screenshots accompanied by easy directions for pretty much anything.

In reply toRe: msg 1

I'd reconsider this

Cstar1 said...

If you *really* don't want to use Zeta, I'm not going to force this forum to Zeta Only,

You are posting the bulk of this forum's current content from Twitter and much of that is lost on Classic.

This is the Americans Abroad post on Jerry Brown as viewed with Classic

The travel pic of the day is not a pic if you do not view it with Zeta either...

Cstar1
Host

Nov-24

I know, but I didn't want to totally alienate the people that were here when I took over. Even though I started this forum, I didn't do anything at all with it, turned it over to Glen almost immediately. 

What I might do, is post some pictures that show the difference if they'll view in Zeta instead of Classic, so they can see what the're missing.