The Virtual Traveler

Hosted by Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1)

Travel the world with us. Watch and share videos and photos, and also get some amazing travel deals and sales. If you've explored the world, or wish you could, this forum is the starting point for your journeys. Relax and enjoy the world.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Places to see in Alberta   Canada

Started Dec-5 by Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 328 views.

The 12 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Alberta, Canada

1. Lake Louise

Lake Louise is one of the most photographed lakes in Canada, and for good reason! About an hour east of the town of Banff you’ll find yourself at this vibrant blue water lake, which comes about as close to a postcard picture as you can get.

Rent a canoe at the Lake Louise Boathouse, or hit the trails and take in the views from above. One of the most popular (and rewarding) hikes is the moderate “tea house hike” from the lake’s shores to Lake Agnes Tea House hidden in the mountains over the smaller – yet still beautiful – Lake Agnes.

Where to Stay in Lake Louise: 

If you want to be near all the best attractions in Lake Louise, we recommend staying two or three nights at Paradise Lodge & Bungalows.

2. Town of Banff

Banff has the historical charm of a small mountain town, with all the amenities you need to have a fun, lively stay. Authentic saloons with mechanical bull riding are a plus for visitors looking for a taste of the local culture, as are the many farm-fresh restaurants and cool shops downtown.

Read more at

https://ordinarytraveler.com/alberta-canada-most-beautiful-places

Els (misselsa)
Staff

Dec-20

I loved the Canadian Rocky Mountains.

I would love to take a train trip across Canada!

Els (misselsa)
Staff

Dec-20

That would be interesting.

We spent 5 weeks, traveling from Calgary to Vancouver, via Vancouver Island. I really loved it.

I bet, Canada has lots of lovely places to see. 

Els (misselsa)
Staff

Dec-21

I really loved Canada. We also have been to the East part of Canada, but I liked BC/Alberta better.

I love seeing pictures of places, since I can't travel anymore I can virtual travel, the next best thing!

Els (misselsa)
Staff

Dec-21

My friend loved to come here to see our photo albums and video after a trip. She always said she traveled with us that way :) She traveled with us for real twice though.

I can see why, you take very good pics!    I'm sure you had some great times together!

Els (misselsa)
Staff

Dec-21

My husband takes better pics :)