The Virtual Traveler

Hosted by Gimmie Coffee Shorty (TOILETHEA1)

Travel the world with us. Watch and share videos and photos, and also get some amazing travel deals and sales. If you've explored the world, or wish you could, this forum is the starting point for your journeys. Relax and enjoy the world.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Living in in a jet plane   U.S.A

Started Jan-12 by Gimmie Coffee Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 1100 views.

Living On a Jet Plane: Oregon Retiree Turns a Boeing 727 into a Home

If you wander through the woods surrounding Portland, Oregon and find yourself near the city's western Hillsboro suburb, you might come across a strange sight.

Hidden between the pines, propped up on two massive concrete pillars - is a Boeing 727 passenger jetliner.

At first, you might think it has crash landed there and had been salvaged. but in actuality, the plane has been placed there very intentionally, by one man with a very unique vision.
Who is this person, and why has he bought and placed a perfectly good plane in the middle of a forest?
Tedster (MARCIASC)

Jan-13

That was really interesting. I was hoping he would have made it look more like a home with rooms etc. but it was fun reading all of it.

I was fascinated by all of it, like you though, I expected more of a home-ish feeling to it.

kizmet1

Jan-15

I have been following this story from the beginning. I think I read about it being rented out for social events.
It was too bad he let a salvage co take so much out. It would have been interesting to serve cocktails in authentic seats. If I got rid of anything, I would enlarge the fixtures in at least one bathroom.

I agree; he says when he does his next plane, he'll do things differently.

kizmet1

Jan-15

I guess one lives and learns, lol?

His bathroom is smaller than mine.

Much too small for me!

kizmet1

Jan-15

You? Hard to believe. You do not take up much room.

LOL  I like my space!

kizmet1

Jan-15

I like enough room for my tub. The rest isn't important.y