The Virtual Traveler

Hosted by Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1)

Travel the world with us. Watch and share videos and photos, and also get some amazing travel deals and sales. If you've explored the world, or wish you could, this forum is the starting point for your journeys. Relax and enjoy the world.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

12 Tips for Flying in a Pandemic   Travel by Plane

Started Oct-23 by Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 725 views.

12 Tips for Flying in a Pandemic, According to TSA Directors    

In mid-October, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced it screened more than 1 million passengers in a single day. That is the highest number of travelers to pass through airports since the coronavirus pandemic began in March. While it’s wonderful to see so many people traveling again, officials at the TSA also want people to stay both healthy and secure while on their journey. 

To assist future flyers, 12 federal security directors shared their tips to safely travel during the pandemic. Bookmark these tips and keep them handy for the next time you take to the friendly skies.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/12-tips-for-flying-in-a-pandemic-according-to-tsa-directors/ar-BB1aiSch

Showtalk

Oct-23

They don’t mention a face shield but a friend has flown long distances twice and always wears one over a mask. It’s not pleasant as it fogs up but she never got anything either.

I haven't either, masks are the only thing I hear of.

kizmet1

Oct-25

I will stuff my carryon luggage with everything Dr Atkins makes. None of that prefixed and reheated stuff for me.
I will also bring about a half dozen masks and a plastic helmet so I can eat and drink. Maybe a few extra long straws?

Good for you,  I think I'd do the same

kizmet1

Nov-1

Good. Take a long trip just for the scenery.
kizmet1

Nov-1

So would I. I have always wanted to go east by the northern rails and return via the southern ones with a detour to Florida.
kizmet1

Nov-1

Yes, see a lot of summer blooms and autumn leaves.