The Virtual Traveler

Hosted by Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1)

Travel the world with us. Watch and share videos and photos, and also get some amazing travel deals and sales. If you've explored the world, or wish you could, this forum is the starting point for your journeys. Relax and enjoy the world.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Caribbean's little known places to see   Mexico/Cent. Amer./Caribbean

Started Apr-26 by Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 105 views.

Under-the-radar Spots to Visit in the Caribbean

Here is what the locals say;

Hog Island, Grenada

"During the lobster season from Sept. 1 to April 30, get your seafood fix on Hog Island. Hog Island, just off the southern shores of Grenada, is an 81-acre patch of paradise that is currently only accessible by boat, which is most likely the reason the lobster is more delicious" — Kered Clement, Blogger and Grenada Destination Expert

Combate Beach and Vianda, Puerto Rico

"My absolute favorite beach in Puerto Rico is Combate in Cabo Rojo. It's close to Playa Sucia, which is another serene, beautiful beach, hidden gem, and must-see. My favorite place to eat in Puerto Rico is Vianda, which uses fresh local ingredients. I love how they rotate their menu regularly — it feels like a new place every time I visit." — Cristina Sumaza, Owner of Lote 23

Stoutt's Lookout Bar, British Virgin Islands

"One of my favorite places to hang out in the British Virgin Islands is Stoutt's Lookout Bar at Windy Hill. It has breathtaking views overlooking Ballast Bay and Cane Garden Bay on Tortola's northwest shore, great drinks, and the best BBQ on the island." — Andre "Shadow" Dawson, Photographer, DJ, and Sports Commentator

Natural Pool, St. Barts

"The Petit Cul de Sac natural pool is an amazing and unique experience that's reachable after an hour hike into the wild mountains of St. Barts. It's one of the island's best-kept secrets." — Felipe Sandoval, Director of Sales at Le Toiny, a Relais & Chateaux Property 

More at

https://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/island-vacations/caribbean-under-the-radar-spots-according-to-locals