The Virtual Traveler

Hosted by Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1)

Travel the world with us. Watch and share videos and photos, and also get some amazing travel deals and sales. If you've explored the world, or wish you could, this forum is the starting point for your journeys. Relax and enjoy the world.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Would you walk this?   Europe

Started May-24 by Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 211 views.

The World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge Just Opened — and It Spans More Than 2,000 Feet 

The world's longest pedestrian suspension bridge just opened in the Czech Republic, daring visitors to walk for nearly a half a mile at 300 feet above the ground.

The Sky Bridge 721, which opened last week and sits about a 3 hour drive from Prague, stretches for 721 meters (about 2,365 feet) and hangs 95 meters (about 311 feet) above the valley below. Visitors walk along the narrow, breathtaking bridge, crossing from one mountain ridge to another, supported by six main ropes and 60 wind ropes.

Keltos

May-26

I walked across the Capistrano Bridge in British Columbia. I think that was about 900 feet.

Correction: It is called the Capilano Bridge and it is about 450 feet.

• Edited May 26, 2022 7:44 pm  by  Keltos
In reply toRe: msg 2

You are braver then me  LOL!

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

May-29

When I was young, I would have done it.  Now, NO! :D

krathyn 3 (Phantom7031)
Staff

Like me. There was a time when I would have done it just to say I had. Nowadays I am not so brave. 

Same here LOL   I like solid, firm ground!

DRoads

Jun-2

I would. Imagine how scary it would be on a windy day.

In reply toRe: msg 7

I'll totally pass  LOL  I'm chicken about heights!