The Virtual Traveler

Hosted by Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1)

Travel the world with us. Watch and share videos and photos, and also get some amazing travel deals and sales. If you've explored the world, or wish you could, this forum is the starting point for your journeys. Relax and enjoy the world.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Carnival implements curfew for kids   Travel by Ship/Boat

Started Sep-3 by Feisty Old Broad Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 220 views.

Carnival Cruise Line Implements Onboard Curfew Fleetwide

In a surprising change to its Minor Guest Policy that applies to passengers under 21 years of age, Carnival Cruise Line has instituted an onboard youth curfew for all its vessels.

The curfew will only apply to travelers 17 years of age and younger, and goes into effect immediately across the entire fleet.

Curfew for Young Guests

Outlined on the cruise line’s Minor Guest Policy page, the new curfew is as follows:

“Guests 17 years of age and under who are not accompanied by an adult in their traveling party, 21 years of age or older, must be clear of all public areas by 1:00am each evening unless involved in a Club 02 or Circle C teen activity.”

Cruise passengers have long been divided on the subject of young cruisers, with some travelers reporting younger guests taking over elevators, playing in hallways or stairwells, pounding on stateroom doors, or otherwise causing excess noise and disturbance, particularly late at night.

The last day of a cruise, when youth programs have typically concluded, is often a more raucous night for young cruisers and their newly-made onboard friends before they part ways the next morning.

Carnival Cruise Line brand ambassador John Heald clarified the consequences of violating this new policy on his popular Facebook page.

“Any guest in violation of the curfew or whose behavior contradicts our rules could be disembarked in the next port at their own expense and not be allowed to have a cruise with us again,” Heald said.

See more at

https://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-cruise-line-implements-onboard-curfew-fleetwide/80363

Krathyn1 (Phantom7031)
Staff

that isn't much of a curfew, IMO. In the state I live in it is midnight on weekends and 10 PM on weekdays...I suppose midnight would be more across the board for a holiday ship situation.

I think so too but this is better then nothing.

Krathyn1 (Phantom7031)
Staff

true--and I don't know how late is for a cruise ship either.