MRCROSSROADS

Linux Cafe

Hosted by MRCROSSROADS

The Linux Cafe is for Linux gurus, novices and the curious alike!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How Often Do You Upgrade   General Discussion

Started 8/2/17 by CDP (PerraultC); 2285 views.
MRCROSSROADS
Host

8/3/17

I can't help myself. Whether it's my distro or LibreOffice, I updated each time there's an incremental or full update. Fortunately with Mint you can now in place upgrade. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
bshmr

8/3/17

UpDates as they occur as these tend to be fixes and improvements; UpGrades after stable and initial fixes. 

CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

8/4/17

I tend to perform my patch updates pretty regularly, but major version updates I always find a way of putting off until the last possible minute. I know I'll end up losing at least a few things during the transition no matter how much up front work I do lol.

In reply toRe: msg 3
CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

8/4/17

That's definitely a sensible approach.  That's how I handle my work boxes. My home machines I manage to drag out way too long.

MRCROSSROADS
Host

8/4/17

That's probably wise. :-D

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

8/10/17

Windows 7 and Explorer 11 seem to do just fine for me.  One computer that is relegated to emergency only use is a Windows 10 setup that I thoroughly despise.

CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

8/10/17

I  still use  Windows 7 at work, and I haven't had many  problems with  it. I still consider it the best of the Microsoft  releases, though I've warmed up to 10 as of late. I just don't use it that much right now.

MEDDLY

8/11/17

I try to update Linux Mint almost on a daily basis. I also update Windows 7 but only with urgent updates, not the optional ones.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

8/11/17

Definitions and such seem to be in optionals so I review them and select that sort of update, avoiding the tacky stuff.