MRCROSSROADS

Linux Cafe

Hosted by MRCROSSROADS

The Linux Cafe is for Linux gurus, novices and the curious alike! And it entails far more than you might think. Operating systems such as Chrome OS, Android, WearOS, Tizen and many others. In fact, unless you're specifically running a Windows-based machine, chances are you're running Linux in some form or fashion. From your computer to your tablet to your smartphone and right down to your favorite wearables, chances are they have the Linux kernel at their core. So come, join us, and see the world of Linux through new eyes!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How Often Do You Upgrade   General Discussion

Started 8/2/17 by CDP (PerraultC); 1512 views.
MRCROSSROADS
Host

8/3/17

I can't help myself. Whether it's my distro or LibreOffice, I updated each time there's an incremental or full update. Fortunately with Mint you can now in place upgrade. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
bshmr

8/3/17

UpDates as they occur as these tend to be fixes and improvements; UpGrades after stable and initial fixes. 

CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

8/4/17

I tend to perform my patch updates pretty regularly, but major version updates I always find a way of putting off until the last possible minute. I know I'll end up losing at least a few things during the transition no matter how much up front work I do lol.

In reply toRe: msg 3
CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

8/4/17

That's definitely a sensible approach.  That's how I handle my work boxes. My home machines I manage to drag out way too long.

MRCROSSROADS
Host

8/4/17

That's probably wise. :-D

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

8/10/17

Windows 7 and Explorer 11 seem to do just fine for me.  One computer that is relegated to emergency only use is a Windows 10 setup that I thoroughly despise.

CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

8/10/17

I  still use  Windows 7 at work, and I haven't had many  problems with  it. I still consider it the best of the Microsoft  releases, though I've warmed up to 10 as of late. I just don't use it that much right now.

MEDDLY

8/11/17

I try to update Linux Mint almost on a daily basis. I also update Windows 7 but only with urgent updates, not the optional ones.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

8/11/17

Definitions and such seem to be in optionals so I review them and select that sort of update, avoiding the tacky stuff.