Drama (Read-Only Folder)  -  Perception on TNT (252 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/24/11 3:54 PM 
To: All  (1 of 15) 
TNT Gives Green Light to "Perception," New Drama Series Starring Emmy(R) Winner Eric McCormack
Released by TNT
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

TNT Gives Green Light to PERCEPTION, New Drama Series Starring Emmy(R) Winner Eric McCormack

TNT has given the green light to PERCEPTION, an original drama series starring Emmy(R) and Screen Actors Guild Award(R) winner Eric McCormack (Will & Grace, Who Is Clark Rockefeller?). TNT has ordered 10 episodes of the new series, which centers on a neuroscientist who works to solve complex criminal cases. Also starring are Rachael Leigh Cook (She's All That), Arjay Smith (The Day After Tomorrow) and Kelly Rowan (The O.C.). PERCEPTION was created by executive producer Kenneth Biller (Star Trek: Voyager, Legend of the Seeker) and co-executive producer Mike Sussman (Star Trek: Voyager), with McCormack serving as producer. Alan Poul (Six Feet Under) directed and served as executive producer for the pilot. Produced by ABC Studios, PERCEPTION is expected to premiere on TNT in 2012.

In PERCEPTION, McCormack plays Dr. Geoffrey Pierce, an eccentric neuroscientist who uses his unique outlook and expertise to help the federal government crack difficult cases. Pierce's intimate knowledge of human behavior and masterful understanding of the mind are matched by his equally odd and imaginative view of the world. Cook co-stars as FBI agent Kate Rossi, Pierce's former student and the person responsible for recruiting him to work for the government. Smith plays Max Lewicki, Pierce's teaching assistant who has spent nine years at college. Rowan is Natalie Vincent, Pierce's best friend and every bit his intellectual equal.

"When we saw the pilot for PERCEPTION, it confirmed what we thought from the first pitch: It's a perfect fit for TNT's original series lineup," said Michael Wright, executive vice president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "With its blend of intensity, emotion, humor, smart storytelling, sharp direction and a buzz-worthy performance from Eric McCormack, PERCEPTION is a hugely entertaining show we believe TNT viewers will love."

McCormack earned an Emmy and five Golden Globe(R) nominations for his performance as Will Truman on the long-running hit comedy Will & Grace. He followed that success with memorable performances in the miniseries The Andromeda Strain, the films My One and Only and Alien Trespass and the television movie Best Thing Ever, as well as a recurring role on The New Adventures of Old Christine. Last year, he earned rave reviews for his role in the television movie Who Is Clark Rockefeller? A longtime stage actor, McCormack played five seasons at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. He made his Broadway debut in The Music Man in 2001 and returned to the New York stage in 2006 in Neil LaBute's Some Girl(s).

Cook comes to PERCEPTION with an extensive resume that includes starring in the hit film She's All That and a co-starring role on the series Las Vegas. She also co-starred in TNT's Into the West and played a recurring character on Psych. Cook's big-screen credits include Antitrust, Josie and the Pussycats and Get Carter.

Smith earned early stardom in the series Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher and The Journey of Allen Strange. His credits also include roles on The West Wing, 24, Malcolm in the Middle, Bones, Cold Case and NYPD Blue, as well TNT's Saving Grace. Smith's feature-film credits include the blockbuster The Day After Tomorrow and the comedy First Sunday.

Rowan is best known for her role as Kirsten Cohen in the popular drama series The O.C. She recently starred in and executive-produced such television movies as The Good Times are Killing Me and the award-winning In God's Country. Rowan's credits also include roles in the series Boomtown and Steven Spielberg's blockbuster fantasy Hook.

About TNT

TNT, one of cable's top-rated networks, is television's destination for drama. Seen in 100.5 million households, the network is home to such original series as The Closer, starring Emmy(R) winner Kyra Sedgwick; Rizzoli & Isles, starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander; Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton; Hawthorne, with Jada Pinkett Smith; Memphis Beat, with Jason Lee; Men of a Certain Age, with Ray Romano, Scott Bakula and Andre Braugher; and Southland, from Emmy-winning producer John Wells (ER); as well as the upcoming Falling Skies, starring Noah Wyle, and Franklin & Bash, with Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer. TNT also presents such powerful dramas as Bones, Supernatural, Las Vegas, Law & Order, CSI: NY, Cold Case and, starting in late 2011, The Mentalist; broadcast premiere movies; compelling primetime specials, such as the Screen Actors Guild Awards(R); and championship sports coverage, including NASCAR, the NBA and the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship. TNT is available in high-definition.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

Visit the original forum for fans of Reba McEntire:

Reply   Options 

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/18/11 5:41 PM 
To: All  (2 of 15) 
 34131.2 in reply to 34131.1 
TNT Begins Production on "Perception," New Drama Series Starring Emmy(R) Winner Eric McCormack
Rachael Leigh Cook, Arjay Smith and Kelly Rowan also star in the hour, due next summer.

[via press release from TNT]

TNT Begins Production on "Perception," New Drama Series Starring Emmy(R) Winner Eric McCormack

TNT began production this week on its intriguing new original series Perception, starring Emmy(R) and Screen Actors Guild Award(R) winner Eric McCormack (Will & Grace, Who Is Clark Rockefeller?). The series about an eccentric neuroscientist who helps solve complex criminal cases also stars Rachael Leigh Cook (She's All That), Arjay Smith (The Day After Tomorrow) and Kelly Rowan (The O.C.). TNT has ordered 10 episodes of Perception, which will join the network's lineup in summer 2012.

In Perception, McCormack plays Dr. Daniel Pierce, a neuroscientist and professor recruited to help the federal government crack difficult cases. His intimate knowledge of human behavior and masterful understanding of the mind give him an extraordinary ability to read people, but his eccentric view of the world and less-than-stellar social skills can often interfere with his work.

Cook co-stars as FBI agent Kate Moretti, Pierce's former student and the person responsible for recruiting him to work for the government. Smith plays Max Lewicki, the teaching assistant whose primary job is to keep Pierce in line and on task. Rowan is Natalie Vincent, Pierce's best friend and every bit his intellectual equal. In addition, award-winning actor LeVar Burton (Roots, Star Trek: The Next Generation) will play a recurring role as Paul Haley, a dean at the university.

Perception, which comes to TNT from ABC Studios, was created by executive producer Kenneth Biller (Star Trek: Voyager, Smallville) and co-executive producer Mike Sussman (Star Trek: Enterprise), with McCormack serving as producer. Alan Poul (Six Feet Under) directed and served as executive producer for the pilot. David Eagleman, a professor at Baylor School of Medicine and author of the New York Times Top 10 bestseller Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain, serves as a technical consultant on the series.

About ABC Studios

ABC Studios, part of ABC Entertainment Group, develops and produces compelling programming for both broadcast network and cable television as well as digital platforms. ABC Studios has delivered some of the most successful, talked-about and evolutionary series on television such as Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Criminal Minds, Army Wives and Brothers & Sisters.

About TNT

TNT, one of cable's top-rated networks, is television's destination for drama. Seen in 100.5 million households, the network is home to such original series as The Closer, starring Emmy(R) winner Kyra Sedgwick; Rizzoli & Isles, starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander; Falling Skies, starring Noah Wyle; Franklin & Bash, with Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer; Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton; Hawthorne, with Jada Pinkett Smith; Memphis Beat, with Jason Lee; and Southland, from Emmy-winning producer John Wells (ER). TNT also presents such powerful dramas as The Mentalist, Bones, Supernatural, Las Vegas, Law & Order, CSI: NY, Cold Case and, starting next year, Castle; broadcast premiere movies; compelling primetime specials, such as the Screen Actors Guild Awards(R); and championship sports coverage, including NASCAR, the NBA and the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship. TNT is available in high-definition.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/7/12 5:05 PM 
To: All  (3 of 15) 
 34131.3 in reply to 34131.2 

Eric McCormack embraces crime-solving role

On TNT's 'Perception,' the former 'Will & Grace' star plays a paranoid schizophrenic who helps crack difficult federal cases.

Eric McCormack

Actor Eric McCormack stars in a new TNT series, "Perception." (Carolyn Cole, Los Angeles Times / July 8, 2012)

For eight seasons, Eric McCormack played jovial gay lawyer Will Truman on NBC's "Will & Grace," a man surrounded by voices competing for his attention: his neurotic roommate Grace, his flamboyantly peppy friend Jack and boozy socialite sidekick Karen. His latest TV role one-ups the babble: In TNT's new summer drama"Perception," premiering Monday, McCormack stars as Dr. Daniel Pierce, a scruffy neuroscientist and professor who helps the federal government solve difficult cases with the help of his own multiple voices. He is, after all, paranoid schizophrenic.

So will viewers make room for another eccentric consultant crime-solver in a TV world that's seen the likes of"Monk,""Psych,""Castle"and "The Mentalist," to name a few?

"I'm sure all of the critics will say there's fatigue there," McCormack said via Skype from New York, where he's just wrapped a run in Broadway's revival of Gore Vidal's"The Best Man." "But I don't think the critical fatigue reflects the audience interest.

PHOTOS: The 'Will & Grace' effect

"I think we're in the third phase of mystery shows," the 49-year-old actor added. "In the '60s and '70s, we had 'Columbo' and 'Quincy M.E.' — it was their personality as they solved a mystery. Then we go into the Dick Wolf years and the'CSI' years where it was about the case, not the cops. Now, I think with shows like 'Monk' and 'The Mentalist,' we're back to wanting to know about the person and understand their psyche and how it benefits the solving of the crime."

McCormack's character presents a new twist in that evolution. In the classroom, he commands attention with his impassioned knowledge of the human brain. Outside, he's socially awkward, finding comfort in Sudoku and the classical tunes he listens to on his Sony Walkman — when he's not experiencing hallucinations in which numbers and words jump out at him and conversations are imagined.

The actor said he hopes the character broadens people's concept of the schizophrenic community, much as "Will & Grace" increased American viewer comfort level with gay men. "Like with 'Will & Grace,' I didn't set out to change anything; with this, I'm not setting out to change anything," he said. "But I do hope that one of the byproducts is that it reminds people that there are a significant portion of the schizophrenic community functioning, working, dealing with it, holding down a job. It's a horrible, horrible condition, but it doesn't have to shut your life down."

PHOTOS: The 'Will & Grace' effect

McCormack and the show's writers met with UCLA doctor Michael Green, a neuroscience professor who is an expert in schizophrenia. The actor also consulted with Elyn Saks, a law professor at USC who is certifiably schizophrenic. She wrote a book, "The Center Cannot Hold," about her experience with the mental disorder.

"I couldn't just arbitrarily make choices," McCormack said. "I had to make sure that when the hallucinations are written, I played those accurately and that they were true to the condition. I love any role that demands that kind of responsibility."

But McCormack hasn't always let that dictate his decisions. In "Top of the Rock: The Rise and Fall of Must See TV," Warren Littlefield's account of his days as NBC president of entertainment, McCormack talked about his initial hesitation in accepting his defining role as Will Truman. Not so much out of fear of the responsibility but the fear of a successful show. As he put it, he didn't want to be the next John Stamos.

"I wasn't wrong. It is the way it works," he said. "There is typecasting in success. You just want to make sure it's a success that you're proud of. And I am so proud of 'Will & Grace' that I'm willing to do the uphill battle that is convincing people that I can do other things. I got really spoiled with that show. I need to let the genre be for a bit and remind people that I can do drama on TV. It's an ongoing battle."

"Perception" is the actor's second drama on TNT. The first, "Trust Me," set inside a present-day fictional advertising firm, was canceled after one season (perhaps indicating that audiences were already satisfied in that arena with that other advertising-themed cable drama). The post-"Will & Grace" years — TV-wise — have otherwise largely consisted of a few Lifetime network ventures, including a short-lived comedy he produced called "Lovespring International" and guest-starring roles on network shows.

McCormack, though, is hoping that getting into the crime-solving business will improve his chances for a show with longer staying power. If that means playing a neuroscientist with pages of dialogue he barely understands, he thinks he can withstand the mental challenge.

source: latimes

• Edited 7/12/2012 11:16 am ET by rebarules1

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/9/12 3:21 PM 
To: All  (4 of 15) 
 34131.4 in reply to 34131.3 

Review: Where 'House' meets 'A Beautiful Mind,' there is 'Perception'

TNT rolls out the latest series to focus on a damaged hero — in this case, one whose paranoid schizophrenic hallucinations help solve crimes. Seriously.

Perception

Eric McCormack, left, and Arjay Smith in "Perception" on TNT. (TNT, TNT / July 9, 2012)

Oh, Adrian Monk, what have you wrought?

When Andy Breckman nudged his OCD-plagued detective onto the screen in 2002, no one could have predicted the long-term, still-resonating effect Tony Shalhoub's Mr. Monk would have on an unsuspecting nation. Running for eight years, "Monk" not only made Shalhoub a permanent fixture on the Emmy roll call (nominated eight times, won three) but the quirky detective procedural also helped USA, once best known for game show reruns and "Silk Stalkings," become one of the most consistently entertaining and certainly best branded of the basic cable channels.

More important, it made damaged the new smart. From addiction ("House,""Nurse Jackie,""Breaking Bad") to Asperger's ("Big Bang Theory,""Alphas,"possibly"Sherlock"), from the socially stunted savant ("Numb3rs,""Bones") and broken-hearted and/or brain-damaged genius ("The Mentalist,""Fringe") to the unadulterated psychopath ("Dexter"), if you don't have a dysfunction, and possibly a diagnosis, you probably don't have a television show.

So there is something simply inevitable about the Monday debut of TNT's "Perception," in which the hero is — yes, I know, but he is — a paranoid schizophrenic. As played by Eric McCormack, Dr. Daniel Pierce is so deeply ill that he experiences regular full-blown hallucinations. (Three words and a long-range spoiler alert: Joan of Arc.) Yet he is also med-free and so high functioning that he manages to not only teach neuroscience at a highfalutin' university but also solve cases for the FBI.

How on earth?, you might ask. Well, his deep knowledge of brain disorders helps, but mostly it's those wacky full-blown hallucinations, which indirectly guide him to key details that he's noticed but hasn't registered properly.

If you can overlook both the derivative nature of the set-up — "House" meets "A Beautiful Mind" and adopts "Monk" — and the dangerous absurdity of defining schizophrenia as just another way of looking at things, "Perception" has a certain summery, tweet-friendly entertainment value. Attempting to shed his "Will & Grace" comedic past, McCormack has taken the "Rain Man" route.

Though not quite up to radiating the chronic pain of Hugh Laurie's House or the emotional blankness of Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock, McCormack's angularity of face and body does project a twitchy kind of melancholy. He is also given the regulation bag o' tics to work with — music calms Dr. Pierce, but he listens to it only on cassette tapes; food must be presented geometrically; he solves crossword puzzles the way others make grocery lists; and he refuses to carry a cellphone (a trait shared by so many eccentric detectives, including most recently "Longmire's," that perhaps it should be retired.)

The dean (LeVar Burton) of this Harvard-like university allows a paranoid schizophrenic to move among the student body because, of course, Pierce is brilliant and because his long-suffering teaching assistant, Max Lewicki (Arjay Smith), is there to keep him on schedule and presumably out of trouble. Ah, but trouble walks across the campus on Day 1, in the form of feisty FBI agent and former student Kate Moretti (Rachael Leigh Cook), who knows all about Pierce's "condition" but loves him anyway.

That is not the reason she's there, of course. No, she Needs His Help in a life and death way. So before Pierce can consult with his sensible sounding board Natalie (Kelly Rowan), he's off, grimly clutching his security-briefcase to his chest, but not in such a way as to disturb his perfectly looped woolen scarf.

The crimes of the first four episodes revel in plot twists and medical conditions so ludicrous that they eventually become endearing, as does, against all odds, McCormack's performance. Amid all the ridiculous habits and visits from his various neuro-projections, Pierce has moments when he does seem like a man haunted — if not by the anguish of true mental illness, then certainly by a mind that never ceases, that blurs the boundaries between perception and reality.

If only the strokes weren't so broad and easily anticipated, if only the paranoid schizophrenia weren't so actually horrible and devastating, rather than quirky and revelatory. Co-creators Mike Sussman and Kenneth Biller are on to something with their exploration of the endless and fascinating facets of perception. But too often it seems like they have chosen to afflict their character in this manner simply because all the other dysfunctions have already been taken.

mary.mcnamara@latimes.com

-------------------------------------

'Perception'

Where: TNT

When: 10 p.m. Monday

Rating: TV-14-DLV (may be unsuitable for children under the age of 14 with advisories for suggestive dialogue, coarse language and violence)

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host7/12/12 5:00 PM 
To: All  (5 of 15) 
 34131.5 in reply to 34131.4 

source: zap2it.com

It's a matter of 'Perception' for Eric McCormack and Rachael Leigh Cook

eric-mccormack-perception-tnt-325.jpg
In Shakespeare's "Hamlet," the ghost of the Prince of Denmark's slain father appears and sends his son off on the trail of an uncle who became king through murder.

Dr. Daniel Pierce (Eric McCormack), the neuroscience professor who is the lead character in the TNT drama "Perception," premiering Monday, July 9, doesn't exactly see dead people, but he does see people who aren't really there -- and sometimes they're helpful in solving the crimes brought to him by a former student, FBI agent Kate Moretti (Rachael Leigh Cook).

Pierce has paranoid schizophrenia, which causes hallucinations and delusions. But at the same time, he has a keen intellect and knowledge of how the human brain works, which allows him to discern patterns and underlying motives in human behavior.

Against medical advice, Pierce decides to go off his medications and use his hallucinations to help give him an insight into crimes that his conscious mind may not be able to process.

"They are the voices in my head," McCormack tells Zap2it, talking in his trailer between scenes on the show's sets in a smaller city north of Los Angeles. "It's the other part of my brain talking to me and saying, 'You know the answer to this; you've just got to work through it.'

"It's a procedural, but there's also a real emotional core. Nobody wants a boring leading man."

But working on these "Rubik's Cubes of mystery," as McCormack calls them, is still risky for Pierce because it interrupts his careful routine, which helps him cope without the help of drugs.

"No one can do what Pierce does," says McCormack. "He's not on his meds, so the best way he can help himself, besides diet and scheduling and routine, is solving puzzles. The dichotomy is that when she comes to him with these cases, it can really throw his routine."

Pierce also doesn't like how the meds affect his thought processes.

"That's actually one of the things that comes up in the pilot and in several episodes," says McCormack. "Maybe my disorder makes me who I am. Maybe this is part of me. So that'll be a very big part of the season, when people start to ask, 'How can someone who knows so much ... why can't a physician heal himself? How can he not be on meds when he, as much as anyone, knows the value?'

"I don't want to become who I become [on meds]. I don't want my senses dulled, even though I know it's happening."

For Kate, even though utilizing Pierce might not be FBI procedure, it's a smart career move.

"She's incredibly ambitious," says Cook. "And I'm not the only one assigned to the case. Other people are investigating, so they can get their own shows.

"But I'm on these cases, and my character is very ambitious, so she sees him as a secret weapon. She gets information to take things to him. She has enough trust in him. These things are somewhat classified, and she knows she can bring it to him."

perception-cast-tnt-325.jpgAlso starring are Arjay Smith as Max Lewicki, Pierce's teaching assistant, who also functions as a sort of minder and valet; Kelly Rowan as Natalie Vincent, Daniel's best friend, former lover and intellectual sparring partner; and LeVar Burton, in the recurring role of Paul Haley, a dean at Pierce's university.

On this day on set, Pierce is watching an interrogation while also having a philosophical debate with a hallucination of the French military leader, mystic and Roman Catholic saint Joan of Arc.

"In this particular episode," says McCormack, "it's a kid who is 16 who hears the voice of God. A cult has built around him. My character, he couldn't be more atheist if he tried.

"So the scientist comes face-to-face with this kid who truly believes God speaks to him. He's such a sweet and messiahlike kid that it rocks my character's bedrock belief in nothing, or in science alone. They have this really interesting relationship.

"And then I diagnose that he basically has what Joan of Arc had, which is temporal-lobe epilepsy, which does cause you to feel that you're hearing voices. But if you fix the temporal-lobe epilepsy by removing the tumor, are you then taking God away? Not unlike, if I take my meds, am I taking my hallucinations away? That's the theme of the show, 'How much reality is too much?' "

As to whether Pierce is like any of his former roles, McCormack says, "He's not quite like anyone I've ever played. I've been referring to it as 'A Beautiful Mind' meets 'Columbo.' He's close to that, not just because he has schizophrenia, but with that kind of brilliance comes an arrogance.

"Pierce has social issues in the world, but in the classroom, those disappear, and he is a great speaker, and he's passionate."

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/18/12 5:47 PM 
To: All  (6 of 15) 
 34131.6 in reply to 34131.5 

TNT renews Eric McCormack-led drama 'Perception'

Eric McCormack

Eric McCormack as Dr. Daniel Pierce in "Perception." (TNT)

Eric McCormack's second time on TNT seems to be the charm: The network has renewed the crime-solving drama "Perception," in which he stars, for a second season.

The network has ordered 13 episodes for the show's sophomore outing, which is slated to air in 2013. In the series, McCormack stars as Dr. Daniel Pierce, a scruffy, eccentric neuroscientist and paranoid schizophrenic who helps the federal government solve difficult cases.

It's McCormack's second series on the network. His first, "Trust Me," set inside a fictional advertising firm, was canceled after its first season.

"Perception," which airs Monday nights on the network, premiered in July to 5.6 million viewers and, according to the network, it ranks second behind TNT's other drama, "Major Crimes," among basic cable's top new scripted series for the year to date

Its first-season finale is set to air in September.

ALSO:

Kyra Sedgwick closes "The Closer"

Eric McCormack embraces crime-solving role

twitter.com/@villarrealy

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/22/12 4:23 PM 
To: All  (7 of 15) 
 34131.7 in reply to 34131.6 
TNT Renews Hit Drama Perception,
             One of Basic Cable's Top New Series of 2012

TNT has ordered a second season of Perception, the hit Monday night
  drama starring Emmy® and Screen Actors Guild Award® winner Eric
McCormack (Will & Grace, Who Is Clark Rockefeller?). Perception comes
to TNT from ABC Studios and currently ranks second behind TNT's Major
     Crimes among basic cable's top new scripted series for the
 year-to-date. The network has ordered 13 episodes for season two,
                   which is slated to air in 2013.

"Perception has captured the imagination of TNT's audience of
 armchair detectives with wonderfully intricate cases, emotionally
   charged situations and, of course, a terrific cast led by Eric
McCormack," said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for
TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "Daniel Pierce is a truly
 unique and fascinating addition to television's pantheon of crime
 solvers. We look forward to seeing where Perception takes us next."

TNT's Perception, which airs Mondays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), centers on
 Dr. Daniel Pierce (McCormack), an eccentric neuroscience professor
with paranoid schizophrenia who is recruited by the FBI to help solve
complex cases. Rachael Leigh Cook (She's All That) stars as FBI agent
Kate Moretti, Pierce's former student who asks him to consult on her
cases. The cast also includes Arjay Smith (The Day After Tomorrow) as
Max Lewicki, Pierce's teaching assistant, and Kelly Rowan (The O.C.)
     as Natalie Vincent, Daniel's best friend and every bit his
 intellectual equal. In addition, award-winning actor LeVar Burton
(Roots, Star Trek: The Next Generation) plays Paul Haley, a dean at
                 the university and Pierce's friend.

Perception was created by executive producer Ken Biller (Star Trek:
 Voyager, Smallville) and co-executive producer Mike Sussman (Star
Trek: Enterprise). In addition to starring in the series, McCormack
                         serves as producer.

In its first season, Perception is averaging 7 million viewers (Live
+ 7), with 1.8 million adults 18-49 and 2.3 million adults 25-54. The
July 9 series premiere of Perception ranks third behind the Aug. 13
premiere of Major Crimes and the June 13 premiere of TNT's Dallas on
the list of this year's top series debuts on cable. The season finale
               of Perception is set for mid-September.

Connect with Perception
   Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PerceptionTNT/ | #PerceptionTNT

About ABC Studios
ABC Studios, part of ABC Entertainment Group, develops and produces
    compelling programming for both broadcast network and cable
 television as well as digital platforms. ABC Studios has delivered
some of the most successful, talked-about and evolutionary series on
   television such as Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Lost,
 Criminal Minds, Army Wives, Once Upon a Time, Scandal and Revenge.

About TNT
TNT, one of cable's top-rated networks, is television's destination
   for drama. Seen in 99 million households, TNT is home to such
  original drama series as Rizzoli & Isles, Falling Skies, Dallas,
 Perception, Major Crimes, Franklin & Bash, Leverage, Southland and
  the upcoming Monday Mornings. The network also features dramatic
  unscripted originals like this summer's The Great Escape and the
upcoming Boston Blue (working title) and 72 Hours (working title). In
addition, TNT is the cable home to popular dramas like The Mentalist,
Bones, Supernatural, Las Vegas, Law & Order and Castle, which starts
   this year; primetime specials, such as the Screen Actors Guild
   Awards®; blockbuster movies; and championship sports coverage,
 including NASCAR, the NBA and the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball
                            Championship.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and
programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media
environments on television and other platforms for consumers around
                             the world.

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/26/12 7:09 PM 
To: All  (8 of 15) 
 34131.8 in reply to 34131.7 

source: zAp2it.com

'Perception' renewed for a second season on TNT

eric-mccormack-perception-tnt-325.jpgTNT is giving a second look to its crime drama "Perception."

The cable channel has renewed the series, which stars Eric McCormack as an eccentric neuroscientist (and paranoid schizophrenic) who consults with the FBI on cases, for a second season. The show has enjoyed strong ratings so far airing behind "The Closer" and will be paired with "Major Crimes" for the rest of the season.

"'Perception' has captured the imagination of TNT's audience of armchair detectives with wonderfully intricate cases, emotionally charged situations and, of course, a terrific cast led by Eric McCormack," TNT president and head of programming Michael Wright says. The cast also includes Rachael Leigh Cook, Arjay Smith and Kelly Rowan.

So far this season the show is averaging 7 million viewers per episode (including DVR viewing), with about a third of that audience falling in TNT's sweet spot of adults 25-54.

Season 2 of "Perception" will run 13 episodes and premiere sometime next year.

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/9/12 6:56 PM 
To: All  (9 of 15) 
 34131.9 in reply to 34131.8 

source: zap2it.com

'Perception's' Rachael Leigh Cook on her 'terrible' handcuffing technique

rachael-leigh-cook-red-carpet-nc-325.jpg
Zap2it: You're playing an FBI agent on "Perception," and that takes some particular skills. How is your handcuffing technique?

Rachael Leigh Cook: Apparently, it's a nontechnique, meaning they said I'm terrible at it. It's coming along. You'd be amazed at how few people are willing to let me cuff them. It's fine. They're like, "Just take them home and practice."

Zap2it: Whom are you practicing on?

Rachael Leigh Cook: My husband's ("The Vampire Diaries" Daniel Gillies) out of town. What am I supposed to do, just walk up to people and say, "How you doing? Can I handcuff you?" That's my handcuff story. My suspects are jamming their wrists together, and I'm trying to pry their wrists apart. I'm like, "What's happening now?" They're like, "I'm sure the stunt guys can show you how to do it."

Zap2it: What is the back story of your character, Kate Moretti?

Rachael Leigh Cook: I think it was established that she comes from a law enforcement background. If I had to write up a little back story, I'd say that she has brothers that she's had to prove herself against. I'm a small girl in a big world, and I often feel like I might be taken advantage of. My character's sort of on a mission to not only do away with people who are bad for society but out to prove something to herself. She is tough.

I don't think our producer's trying to make a point -- he's just trying to amuse himself -- but our suspects are getting bigger and bigger. I'm like, "Come on, it's not funny."

From: rebarules1 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/31/13 2:25 PM 
To: All  (10 of 15) 
 34131.10 in reply to 34131.9 
Scott Wolf to Guest-Star on the TNT Hit Drama Series Perception

Scott Wolf is set to be a major recurring guest-star this season on
TNT's Perception, starring Emmy and Screen Actors Guild Award winner
Eric McCormack. Wolf is best known for his roles on the television
series Party of Five, V and Everwood.

In Perception, Wolf will play Donnie, a charismatic, fast-rising
Assistant U.S. Attorney recently transferred back to Chicago. Donnie
is less concerned with doing what's right than with what's right for
Donnie. He's a blue-collar, Irish-Catholic kid from the south side
who loves the White Sox. While Donnie claims his transfer back to
Chicago was completely random, he has a hidden agenda involving Kate
(Rachel Leigh Cook), his soon-to-be ex-wife.

About TNT's Perception

Perception, which comes to TNT from ABC Studios, stars Eric McCormack
as Dr. Daniel Pierce, an eccentric neuroscientist and university
professor with a unique way of seeing the world. Pierce is called
upon by his former student - FBI agent Kate Moretti, played by
Rachael Leigh Cook (She's All That) - to help the federal government
solve complex criminal cases. Perception, which also stars Arjay
Smith (The Day After Tomorrow) and Kelly Rowan (The O.C.), is about
to start production on its second season, which premieres in summer
Connect with Perception
Twitter: http://twitter.com/PerceptionTNT | #PerceptionTNT
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PerceptionTNT
About TNT
TNT is television's destination for drama. Seen in 99 million
households and ranking among cable's top networks, TNT is home to
such original drama series as Rizzoli & Isles, Falling Skies, Dallas,
Major Crimes, Perception, Franklin & Bash, Southland and the upcoming
Monday Mornings. The network also features dramatic unscripted
originals like the upcoming Boston's Finest, 72 Hours and The Hero.
In addition, TNT is the cable home to popular dramas like Castle, The
Mentalist, Bones, Supernatural, Smallville and Law & Order; primetime
specials, such as the Screen Actors Guild Awards®; blockbuster
movies; and championship sports coverage, including NASCAR, the NBA
and the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.

TNT is part of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner
company. Turner Broadcasting creates and programs branded news,
entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on
television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

Connect with TNT
Pressroom: http://www.tntnewsroom.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TNTWeKnowDrama
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TNTweknowdrama

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-15
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.