Twitter, Social Media & Delphi!

Hosted by Cstar1|Click for Webpage

Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr: there's a host of other social network companies out there, & chances are you use at least one of them. Bring your contacts there back to Delphi, your internet home.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Twitter for Forum Promotion   Twitter For...

Started by Cstar1; 2390 views.
Cstar1
Host

6/17/11

If you don't believe me that Twitter is good for forum promotion and bringing new members into your community, check out this article on the same topic.

The one thing I don't agree with is using your real name - unless you want to. We at Delphi tend to be strong supporters of real name/anonymity as a personal choice.

• Edited 6/17/2011 10:00 am by Cstar1
In reply toRe: msg 1
Cstar1
Host

6/17/11

If you decide to talk about or promote your forum on Twitter, Facebook, or any other venue, make sure you have your forum open to guests.

If you don't, and someone clicks on your link they'll be presented only with a Delphi sign in page, with no Guest access link. That's a sure way to lose 95% of those that followed the link.

Make it *easy* to find you and get to your content. Include something like, "New? Enter as Guest!" in your tweet.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Hi C. Is there a new way to add, tweet this, since the last time you talked about it?
Cstar1
Host

10/23/11

The very best tool I've found so far, is Twitter's own Share a link on Twitter bookmarklet for your browser. Click on a message number to get the full URL in the address window, then click on the Tweet bookmark in your toolbar. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
Cstar1
Host

7/4/12

Twitter's own page for how to promote yourself (and your forum) on Twitter.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Cstar1
Host

11/29/13

Bumping this up!

Cstar1
Host

11/29/13

KINGPACO2 said...

Hi C. Is there a new way to add, tweet this, since the last time you talked about it?

There sure is! I hope you're taking advantage of the new options in the Action Bar to share your posts to Facebook, Twitter & Google+. 

In reply toRe: msg 8
Cstar1
Host

11/29/13

Some of the links in this discussion don't work anymore, but this one was in a different thread - it's got a lot of great advice on how to market your business/forum on Twitter. See what you can mine from it.