UAESol

Web hosting Support

Hosted by UAESol

Any question about the dedicated hosing servers, VPS servers, shared web hosting and ccTLD can be asked here. Discus your hosting related problems and have a perfect solution here.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What are the best resources to learn woodworking?

Started Aug-15 by Brian Griffin (BrianGriffi1); 216 views.

Brian Griffin (BrianGriffi1) said:

Many good answers here on resources such as magazines, TV shows, you tube and others all of which are helpful. I encourage people who bring me jobs to stay and learn how to do the work themselves, some do. In my shop I have over $50,000 worth of tools which I use, I have been acquiring tools for close to 60 years, starting out you probably don't have the budget to duplicate my shop but I will gladly show you how to use any of the tools and you can then pick which ones you will need to get for you shop. I doubt that many woodworkers need a $1500 custom made Japanese chamfer plane when a $9 one will do the same job for most people. or use a table saw or hand plane and save the $9 . An experienced wood worker can show you a lot and most are more then willing to share their experience and knowledge. Good places to look for woodworkers are wood working clubs and craft shows. Pick a wood worker whose work you like and talk to them and ask if they will teach you how to do the type of work they do. Most of the better wood workers and basically Hermits and love to talk about their work and gladly show anyone interested how to do what they do. I will say that you should be wary of those who don't want to share since they usually don't know as much as they let on that they do. Don't let the cost of tools deter you, many old wood workers have been acquiring tools for years, You can buy what you need on an as you go basis and learn to use tools for many purposes rather then buy expensive dedicated tools until the need really arises. Why do I have a $1500 special plane? I got it at a yard sale in a box of tools for $5 bucks and it is a joy to use but most of the time I use a table saw or hand plane to do the job.

I would say that to start with free resources like forums and communities like Reddit is extremely helpful to the beginner carpenter.Most of the guys on there are more than willing to help the newbie woodworker with any questions that they may have. Read plenty of blog posts on the subject. For example recently I found woodroutersreviews.com website when I was searching what wood router to buy. They have several good articles, for example https://www.woodroutersreviews.com/how-to-cut-a-notch-in-wood/ how to cut a notch in wood, etc.

Msg 510.4 deleted
samuidan

Sep-10

I am interested in woodworking in general. I like to watch some video on youtube and read some guides or reviews about using different woodworking tools. Lately I read informative review about chainsaw which I want tto buy next month on https://bestchainsawadviser.com/remington-chainsaw-reviews/