Humor and happy stories -  My Happy Ride To Work (317 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-1 3:47 PM 
To: All  (1 of 56) 

I was at my connecting bus stop; bus pulls up, and it's so full, there is no room for me and my walker, plus two more walkers behind me.  So we waited a half hour for the next bus.  I'm glad this happened!

The bus that pulled up was the Holiday Bus; the inside was lovely, nicely decorated with holiday things, I actually got to work with a big grin on my face!   Thank you Valley Metro!

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-1 4:16 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 56) 
 4626.2 in reply to 4626.1 

i am glad your second bus was holiday theme. sounds like fun. also like you and two other walker users had places to set.

it seems a long time to wait between buses but it sounds like it was well worth it.

Reply   Options 

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-2 8:11 AM 
To: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 56) 
 4626.3 in reply to 4626.2 

For me it was well worth it!   :)

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-2 1:56 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 56) 
 4626.4 in reply to 4626.3 

i am so glad you had such a wonderful ride!

You are sure on early?

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-2 5:30 PM 
To: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 56) 
 4626.5 in reply to 4626.4 

It was fun!

I got home a little early  :)

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 56) 
 4626.6 in reply to 4626.1 

I think you must be an unusually cheerful person to be happy about having a full bus pass you by and wait another half hour for the next but even if it was decorated for the season.   

More than once I have wedged myself in to get a place on a crowded bus.  On my route if the bus is full the driver will not stop unless someone has to get off.  And usually at my stop--the Bloomfield Avenue light rail station--someone does.  So some of us push our way on.   One time I pushed my way on through the back door.  Getting out the bus was less crowded and I could walk to the front.   I paid my fare just before I left and explained it to the driver.   He was really surprised at an honest bus rider.  

But I am not a poor person.  I don't resent poor people who catch a free ride when they can.   But a fare is also a vote with my dollars for my bus route and regular service.  I'm happy to pay the price of a bus fare.   

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-2 5:57 PM 
To: Ishmael112  (7 of 56) 
 4626.7 in reply to 4626.6 

At first I was annoyed, but when I saw the Holiday bus pull up, I was delighted, I had no idea it was on my route and I'd get to ride it, a nice gift here  :)

Any other bus, then I would have stayed grumpy  lol

I agree, I have no problem paying full fare even though I could get the disabled fare, I work full time so I can pay full fare

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 56) 
 4626.8 in reply to 4626.7 

I'm a senior citizen well over age 62 when New jersey Transit lets seniors ride for half fare.  I worked full time until I was 72 and for that last 10 years rode for half fare as I do not.  I object.   There is no reason why I should pay half fare just because I am a senior.  I want to pay full fare and I want to eliminate the senior citizen half fare program.   

At the same time I think low income people should get half fare.  People on welfare.   People looking for work and struggling to make ends meet.  Those people need and deserve half fare.  

If I could cause NJT to change its policies I would do that in a minute.  But I know that I cannot.

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-2 6:15 PM 
To: Ishmael112  (9 of 56) 
 4626.9 in reply to 4626.8 

I'm in my mid 60's;  I'll qualify for the senior discount in a few months, but like you, as long as I'm working full time, I'll pay full fare

I agree, I feel those on SS /SSI, welfare and trying to find work, they should get the discount;  here there are agencies that furnish people in low income or disability income, free bus passes

To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 56) 
 4626.10 in reply to 4626.9 

I don't know of any New Jersey program that gives low income people free public transit fare.   Some agencies may help out their clients but that is all.   

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-56
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.