Business End & Market Place -  Need help with choosing a marketplace (240 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 

Hey everyone! I recently started my own jewelry business, and I’m looking for the best places to sell my products. I found a couple of online stores for handmade jewelry (Discovered, Etsy, Dawanda, Notonthehighstreet) and am wondering if any of you have tried them already and what are your experiences with those sites? Which one takes the least commission, do all of them pay via Paypal, where’s the lowest competition for selling jewelry, etc? I'd really appreciate any information that you can give me. :)

Reply   Options 

To: thelastgrain unread  (2 of 3) 
 20143.2 in reply to 20143.1 

I haven't gone to an online business yet. I want to establish good street credit at craft shows first. After that I'll hopefully have a customer base. I am getting set up to accept credit cards.

To: ShermanDuke  (3 of 3) 
 20143.3 in reply to 20143.2 

The craft show route is a good one, but it takes a while to find your place. We have been doing it for about 15 years, and just got settled in to a regular schedule about 5 years ago.

A lot of shows that look good may not be good for you. A large crowd is not always a buying crowd, but a crowd walking by looking like a herd of cattle, and never seeing anything.

We have found that a steady slow walking show is much better for sales.

Just a couple of tidbits, Jim

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.