The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Irish Hi to all   New Member Introductions

Started 11/9/16 by Fran132; 4967 views.
Fran132

Oct-28

Beautiful Bike, I love the riders back rest, do you find it helps ? 

As I have a crap back that looks like it is God sent.

What make is it ? or have you an eBay link. 

Sorry for bothering you and thanks in advance if you can help.

Fran

Old Man (BertD1)

Oct-28

The seat, passenger seat and both back rests are Ultimate. I ridden 4 different bikes with 6 different seats and the are ultimates are at the top on my list. If I’m on the bike over an hour the backrest is a Godsend.

Fran132

Oct-28

Thanks for your help and fast reply.

ABE (spud116)

Oct-28

I agree with Old Man on the back rest, a God Send. Although mine is a Mustang I'll never ride without one.

Dan (Kamikazedan)

Nov-13

Hi Fran. I have a 2004 with a Mustang saddle and integrated adjustable backrest. At 63 years of age, it's awesome to be able to put my feet on the highway pegs and ease back into the backrest.

Fran132

Nov-15

Hi Dan and thanks for your reply.

I got in touch with a company in the UK called Chrome Cruisers.

They do all the different backrests to suit the different bikes, i.e. Custom, Classic.

I got a backrest from them for £104 sterling. €116 including postage. It is a good fit and as the seller said as long as the original seat was on my bike it will fit and it did without any problems. I have photo's of it on my phone and when I get them sorted out Ill post them on here. 

Fran 

Dan (Kamikazedan)

Nov-15

AnHi Fran

I have to admit I was not satisfied with the stock saddle, so picking up a saddle and backrest as a set made sense for me. The Mustang is not the same quality as a Corbin, which I had on a Virago many years ago when we all lived in the forest and nobody lived anywhere else... but I am retired these days and can't do that expense.

Looking forward to seeing your purchase!

Fran132

Nov-15

Hi again Dan, I only know too well what the retirement situation is like as I had to retire not by choice but through illness. Living on Invalidity Pension is not going to make me rich and trying to make my life comfortable is hard enough to do at the best of times but life must go on. wink In some of the snaps you can see my wheelchair ramp for days when my legs just will not cooperate of if I have a long journey to make from the carpark on Hospital Appointments. I only rode the bike a short bit with the Back Rest on it and it seems to be what I need. I have so many bulging discs out in my back it's giving up I should be thinking about not going on. I was 60 in August and feel like I'm in my 90's relaxed Anything I seen in the USA was about $150 to $200 not a lot of difference from my own price but I would have to pay about $60 import duty and that would take the good out of it. 

Fran

Dan (Kamikazedan)

Nov-15

Wow. First, I am totally jealous of your setup... looks comfy AND purty! 

Second, I admire your grit to keep riding. I am fortunate to have only a few comparatively minor physical issues, most as a result of a driver hitting me on the highway a few years back and taking me down. 

Hope you can keep it up as long as you have the interest!

Fran132

Nov-15

The interest has always been there, I have never NOT had a bike since the age of 16, I have 3 at the min. The '07 XVS, and two cx500's, a 1980 & a 1982 One a Custom and one I'm chopping from a B to a bit of everything, It is on a B frame, Single Dragstar seat, Custom Wheels, Custom fenders, Custom clocks, Raised bars, Small winkers, Led rear light, Harley cans, the slow bit is the loom is from a B and the electrics are from a Custom, I've just about sorted them out and on days when I can stay with it I get a bit done then I might not open the shed for a month. I'll get there one day. smileysmiley