_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Modifying my bike, advice please   CustomModifications/Projects

Started 8/1/18 by Cerberus73; 2069 views.
crazeeharry

8/1/18

Welcome, I expect you are reading the Web page, Tab #4 above, (Right?) You can build you own Chubby air kit cheap with K&N filters, (Read the "Modifications" section it's all there) lose the AIS  (if legal in GB) go with a full exhaust system to the full performance gain, with a re-jet! (Cobra 2 into ! is the best, "performance wise") Build a homemade yardstick Manometer to sync the carbs, get Metric Magic PMS screws and install em when re-jetting, the rest is looks. Have fun!

Donn (99Orton)

8/1/18

You can get Dragons Breath from our own Timb right here. Stay away from Max air and PCS!

gradie55

8/2/18

You want to do pods with any performance pipes, then get a set of Tim's 440 sidewinder cams, and dyna 3000, your 64 lb Barnett conversion plate will get the power to the ground... which when fully completed you'll be  sitting 70 to 75 hp... from the stock 50 hp  ... 

Cerberus73

8/2/18

Have you got Tims user ID? sorry I'm at my partners and using the tablet at the moment, i will be home later and be able to search better with the computer. Ho much roughly would i be looking at for the cams, and dragons breath? and is it a cam regrind meaning i would have to pull my cams and send them off. as i don't want the bike to be off the road for weeks. i guess i could maybe buy some heads here in the uk, pull the cams and whilst they get sent off for a regrind i can rebuild the head with heavier valve springs and a port clean up. so it breathes a little better.

Michael (JBLGUY47)

8/2/18

METRIC MAGIC / TimB1007

Michael (JBLGUY47)

8/2/18

Hey Tim .... just a heads up here :-)   Hope all is well

Thanks Michael, all are well. You & your's are fine, I hope!

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Cerberus73

8/2/18

Thanks very much Tim,

First of all, how much for a complete kit, the under tank one with the mesh style cover out the side of the tank like i saw on your site? it did have a price there but it didn't specify if it was a complete kit, with jets for the carb etc. or just the filters and associated plumbing. Also, have you any of the 440 cams? if not how long until you will have more? I know you prefer to sell the pods and cams separate, but considering the logistics its easier and cheaper for me to get them at the same time. I also need advice on AIS removal, as the bike still has that on it. any advice regarding pipes, i don't know whether to get a set of custom 2" slash-cut drag-pipes with some minimal baffles maid out of polished stainless (my partners old man runs a boat propellor workshop, so he can tig weld stainless like a champ) or buy off the peg pipes. i have a set of custom made pipes on my Suzuki intruder 1400. those pipes are awesome. but the bikes was bought that way and set up for them. I'm happy to get 70-75hp as long as it is stable and reliable. i dont want to be sitting doing more fixing than riding. done to much of that in the past

Looks wise I'm going for something similar to "Andys bike" that i just saw in the for sale section. but keeping the 2 tone theme, 

The under tank kit doesn't have exposed filers. That a different kit & I don't have the mesh filters tight now. Pipes are your choice, but the stainless is FAR superior to chrome. Your MPG will incease, if you leave the throttle alone, but no one is able to do that. :) The reliablity is not changed. I'll have more cams in about 6 weeks. I have 3 sets coming & 1 set is already spoken for, they will be headed to Finland. I don't understand the 'looks' question.