The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bobber seat conversion   CustomModifications/Projects

Started Jul-2 by GC1968; 372 views.
GC1968

Jul-2

Hi all. Been a while since I was on here. I did a search on here and the wiki but didn't find anything. I'm wondering what is the best way to convert my seat to a spring seat while still retaining the stock rear fender. Any kits or instructions out there on how to do it? Thanks

In reply toRe: msg 1

Not sure how you would do that. I'd say commit to a solo ride, cut off the rear seat frame, and enjoy

Craig

In reply toRe: msg 1
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Not sure there is enough clearance for a spring seat with the stock fender set up. If you want to go that way, best bet is to get the parts you need and fabricate it to fit. Just take all the measurements you need and buy a seat that'll be close.

Blue Collar Bobbers makes a kit....but I don't think it'll work with the stock fender. No one else I know of makes anything....

GC1968

Jul-15

Thanks guys. I'm just trying to make my bike look more like a vintage Harley. Don't want to Bob it out. Blue collar conversion doesn't work with the stock fender. A few years ago I saw a conversion from somewhere that worked with the stock fender, just had to grind a bit off the fender struts. Doesn't look like it's sold anymore. I've seen pics where people have spring seats with the stock fender so was hoping someone had a guide to how they've done it. In fact don't you have a spring seat with the stock fender in your sig pic Mick? 

In reply toRe: msg 4
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Yup......in order to get clearance I had to remove the sub-frame from the frame and weld it to the swing arm. It works good as long as you never want to carry a passenger. Then I bought a seat pan and fabbed it to fit....

GC1968

Jul-16

Thanks Mick. So a fair bit of fabrication. Figured that might be the case. I'll have to take a really good look at it and see if I can figure it out.