The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

stereo interference   General Discussion

Started Jul-30 by myers1100; 283 views.
myers1100

Jul-30

hi guys im new to this site thx for havin me i have a 03 1100 full fairing with stereo last year installed lights on crash bars and new stereo now when sitting idling stereo workes great when i start out to ride stereo distortes what am i missing

RobertS0307

Jul-30

Could be a battery issue, adding a stereo would put a lot of load on the stock battery.  

myers1100

Jul-30

The first stereo didnt do it just started this spring was wondering if it could be led lights

RobertS0307

Jul-30

LED’s don’t really pull much power.  Have you checked the connections, one may be loose.

myers1100

Jul-30

Yes gone over all connections maybe stereo no good possibly

RCCola45

Jul-30

I don't know if a rectifier out of wack could do that but the rectifier is one of the items that requires replace now and then .... it might be sending too high of voltage or too low ... CLICK here for a pdf on using multimeter to check it out.   I know the LED lights are not much of a draw but the electrical system on these VStars are pretty close to drawing there max ... what I mean there is not much overhead left over for other things.

If you were not aware ... you can click on the button near top of this page called Wiki Knowledge Base for all kinds of information ... most answers to anyones questions can be found there. 

Welcome to the forum.

• Edited July 30, 2020 4:29 pm  by  RCCola45
myers1100

Jul-30

Ok ill check it out thx for infogreatly appreciated ill let you know qhat i find

myhillhouse

Aug-1

DISCONNECT the lights if they are LED and see what happens. LED lights do not draw much current but depending on the manufacturer they emit lots of RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) . If this is the cause you can try installing ferrite  coils near the lights but RFI is not the easiest thing to solve.

smilermike

Aug-2

Sometimes your  ht leads/ caps can cause an issue  like interference  where they are not suppressing enough and cause a whining etc . Also if the lights you installed are LED they can also cause interference .

crazeeharry

Aug-4

Hi Trevor, I hope you and Sue are both well.
Has the Voyager still got a flat tire?

(Strange times, eh?)