_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

handlebar control wire management   CustomModifications/Projects

Started Aug-2 by FloridaSean; 429 views.
FloridaSean

Aug-2

Hi all,  I have my '03 Vstar  Classic torn down and the body parts out for new paint.  I want to clean up everything else before they come back.  The plastic tubing that wraps up the wiring on both sides of the handlebar are weather damaged and look awful, brown, crusty and cracked.   I had thought about the stuff used under dash boards in cars to bundle wire, but i doubt that stuff would do well in the sun,  any ideas?  thanks in advance  

Zonker1972

Aug-4

i think that "...stuff used under dash boards in car..." you are referring to is electrical heat shrink wire wrap. if that's what you were thinking, it will work just fine. I replaced the stock plastic tubing a few years ago and the sun in Colorado hasn't done any damage.

zonker

Texpatriat

Aug-5

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PK6K9NX/?coliid=I2WLPGYEHBLOL7&colid=32Y7AUL9JWCOZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Split loom. If you don,t want chrome the cheaper stuff is fine. The cheaper chrome stuff flakes off in a year or so.

FloridaSean

Aug-5

yep,  thats the ticket, .. thanks Tex

Specs (specsrus)

Aug-10

I used the Stainless steel braid from washing machine hoses. Looks awesome and matches the braided control lines.