The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

speedo swap   CustomModifications/Projects

Started Aug-6 by Hally1962; 514 views.
Hally1962

Aug-6

Hi To all, I am looking to change my speedo form a non tank mounted one to a small electronic one fitted to the to top yoke or i think you guys call it the triple tree not 100 sure thou, any way has any body done this conversion, if so what speedo did you use or do anyone know how many pulses per mile the original speedo works from  as drag specialties do a HD one, I am aware that the petrol tank will need filling and repainting  after the conversion is done, any help would be ace regarding this. Thanks in advance for any input and ride safe

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Use these guys. Great stuff. Never used them for motorcycle, but they work great in the hot rod.

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=560/mode=cat/cat560.htm

RCCola45

Aug-6

There used to be a guy here that used a dakota digital on his VStar 1100 ... others will remember his name or might even be able to get in touch with him.  Here is a couple of pictures 

• Edited August 6, 2020 7:30 pm  by  RCCola45
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

"Griz" Dennis Grisamore

Specs (specsrus)

Aug-10

I use the GPS mounted to the handlebars. Easier to read and much more accurate.

ABE (spud116)

Aug-18

I second Specs idea. GPS is great and has a lot more uses too. Won't ride without it.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

The only issue with the GPS speedo...is that that it would be more difficult to track miles ridden for fuel stops....unless it would also work as a odometer.

ABE (spud116)

Aug-19

The motorcycle models do have that feature. Mine has 2 trip meters. I think it will even  alarm at a mileage point that you set.

V3R71GO

Aug-29

Wow...now that's inspiration !!