_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

rear cylinder fouls   General Discussion

Started Aug-13 by tmorrow1953; 718 views.
tmorrow1953

Aug-14

not yet...got someone who is going to do that for me....I wondered if that might be involved here...also, I just found out that the adjustment screws I got from you are a 1/2 ratio to the stock screws. I had started off with 2 turns on your screws and I think I contributed to my problem unknowingly.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Not my screws....but if they are from Tim...yes they are half the turns. If you haven't synched the carbs after having them apart, that's the biggest problem.

tmorrow1953

Aug-15

Yes Tim, thanks for the correction. I was having one of my senior moments I guess....LOL

tmorrow1953

Aug-16

I am scheduled to take my bike next weekend to have the carbs synced. It is about 5-6 miles from me. After about a mile, she is basically running on 1 cylinder with the rear cylinder kicking in and out. Will I damage the bike taking it down there?

Texpatriat

Aug-17

It's really not that complicated. You can make the tool in half an hour or less for under five bucks. It'll take another 15 minits to sync.

You might want to start with some new spark plugs when you do it.

crazeeharry

Aug-20

Use the Vinyl tube Manometer from the wiki kb,  Knowledge base in the header beside the wors=ds Hosted by sick mick it is all in there and easy to do.

tmorrow1953

Sep-4

OK, I have synced the carbs. I uploaded a video of the gauges so someone who knows more than me can see if they are where they need to be. I went about 1 mile after I finished syncing, and  basically running on 1 cylinder by the time I got back., New plugs were soot black. It seemed to idle pretty smooth but when I started moving and gave it gas, it was missing pretty bad. I checked the spark, and new plugs fire very well. Do I need to go a grade hotter maybe? I have Tim's mixture screws and each one is only open 1 turn. I am sort of enjoying troubleshooting and working on the bike, but I am also ready to ride a bit, and I am sort of at a loss where to go next. It is obviously running way too rich, but  don't know what else to do......HELP!

Well, I uploaded the video twice, it showed up but when I hit post, it went away....sheesh

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Sounds more like something messed up in the carbs if the synch didn't help.

crazeeharry

Sep-9

Simple oil filled vinyl tubing manometer works best with a two carb set up, it guarantee's both are pulling the same at idle.