The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hose on top of front cylinder   General Discussion

Started Aug-27 by turnermw; 255 views.
turnermw

Aug-27

I have a 2004 V Star 1100 Classic. On the top of the front cylinder is a hose that goes back and ends below the battery. It does not connect to anything except the cylinder head. Does anyone know what this is?  Thanks

Texpatriat

Aug-27

It's a crank case breather. Goes to the air box on the stock intake system. Just hanging like that it"s likely to spew oil where you don,t want it and/or suck in crud on deceleration. If you have stock air filter you should put it where it belongs. If not you should put a filter on it and attach it under the tank uphill from it's source.

turnermw

Aug-28

Thanks for that information. It is a stock filter. I will check it out today and let you know what I find. 

turnermw

Aug-28

So that worked. All hooked up correctly now. Not sure why it was ever changed. While removing the air filter on the side of the engine, I noticed another hose that is not connected to anything and is capped off on one end. Any idea what this should be connected to?

crazeeharry

Aug-28

Connects to nothing..(anchors to half circular clip on engine cover below). Drain.

Texpatriat

Aug-28

Probably got moved because someones oil level was too high making a mess in the air box. Not the best solution.

turnermw

Aug-28

I hooked it up the way it was designed.  Seems to be working fine.  Thanks

turnermw

Aug-28

Thanks.  Just trying to track down all the loose hoses.  The previous owner(s) messed up a few things and I am working on putting them back one by one.

crazeeharry

Aug-28

Next to the V* patch (Skull and tuning forks) upper left you'll see our host "Sick Mick" then just right is the Wiki Knowledge base, click it, it  takes you to the Wiki KB then click the 'pull down' in the upper right to find maintenance/ repairs mods/ and the library where you can down load the shop manual free.

The Wiki KB is the best resource out there for the V*1100  (Thanks these days mainly to moderator Sick Mick)

Read: NEW OWNER MUST DO's, ... like Never add throttle when starting, and why.. Staking the Middle drive nut etc.......

turnermw

Aug-28

This is great info.  Thanks!