The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Seat Update   CustomModifications/Projects

Started Sep-30 by chemdog70; 529 views.
chemdog70

Sep-30

The original seat is OK but on long runs my 6 is not so happy.  Does anyone have advise on a better seat for the silverado.  I was told by a buddy about Mustang seats but he is a HD die hard, are their any others out there for metrics

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Mustangs are OK for some.... but on the 1100 most will say that the Corbin  is the best (at least from those that have tried it). The Mustang raises you up and presses you against the fuel tank.....the Corbin sits you down and back...

chemdog70

Sep-30

Thanks for that info, I check them out.

chemdog70

Sep-30

Sick Mick* (quick_mick) said:

Corbin

I have seen those and Ultimate seats at a rally.  Is there any bracket pieces if I want to take off my rear seat and go solo for a while or will I have to take the bracket completely off and on every time.  Have a few female friends that like to ride every once in a while.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Corbin uses the stock bracket

I don't know if you are interested, but a few years ago, I took a chance and sent my wife's stock seat to a guy in Port St.Lucie Florida, Frank Turnier (note spelling) AKA Frank Spencer. He replaces sections of the original padding material from underneath with another amazing patented material that he has permission to use.  I cannot remember the name of it.  Anyways, the result is that the seat looks 100% unaltered, but the change in comfort is literally night and day!  It changed her stock Honda Shadow seat from only being bearable for short rides, to where I totally forgot that it was ever an issue.  The cost was extremely reasonable- it cost me more to ship the seat there and back.  He received it in the morning and already dropped it off that same afternoon to be returned.  That was honestly the best long-distance service experience I've ever had.  A+++  Back at that time, I reached out to the forum to recommend him to anyone looking for seat alternatives.  

The only thing is that I tried searching for him recently and didn't find much.  I don't know if he is still in business.  His original website was something like greatdaytoride dot com.  I have a lot of search restrictions on my work computer, so maybe its just me.  I would suggest trying a little research if that's something you might be interested in.  i would recommend him without hesitation.  

hope this helps.

Craig

Donn (99Orton)

Oct-21

Use laam seats in Redding.

crazeeharry

Oct-21

Afternoon Donn...  (: ))

crazeeharry

Oct-23

Barr na maidine duit ... = (top of the morning to you.) Donn