The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sold my bike, Thanks for the assists through the years   General Discussion

Started Oct-19 by cpete55; 433 views.
cpete55

Oct-19

Finally had to hang up the helmet, Just wanted to post a "Thank you" to anyone out there who helped way back in 2003 on to the present.  I can't remember the last time I posted but there was a time when this site and everybody on it was a near daily thing to me. I was involved with a campaign to correct the Mustang seat loose mounting issue and tried to help as many riders as I could by faxing their concerns to Mustang.  The resource was a tremendous help to me as well as enjoyable although there were a few blips on the way but nothing to lose sleep over. 

I don't know if any of the old timers I knew are still out there but regardless I wish to Thank those that continue to work the site and contribute information. It all helps and made riding that much better. I loved my bike and it looks like the guy that bought it will continue to do so.  Everybody keep the shiny side up... And Thank you for all the assists over the years.

Cpete55

eruby

Oct-20

Sorry to see you go. Good luck on your ride into the future. 

Old Man (BertD1)

Oct-20

I am looking at 73 in a couple of weeks and have been wondering how long to put off the decision you’ve made. It’s a tough decision but we all have to appreciate the many miles of smiles we’ve been able to experience. Keep doing the things that make you happy.

14StarTrix

Nov-6

Cheers man. Going on 68 in August. Hope to ride as long as I can do so safely. Enjoy the next chapters of your life! 

DJ

cpete55

Nov-8

Thanks for the comments. I have to say there was a tear in my eye when the bike went out of here. The guy that bought it rides with his wife  and  she loves how comfortable it is so I'm glad its being appreciated.  For you "Old-Timers" still riding all I can say "more power to you".  I had one incident on a motor scooter that resulted in 22 hours in an emergency room because somebody was talking on a cell-phone.  I had to wear a neck brace for 2 months but came out of  it all in half-way decent shape. 

I felt like I was pressing my luck after that every time I took the bike out. But damn, I do miss it.  You'll know when its time to hang the helmet up.  Just be vigilant out there. Can't say enough about how much this site helped me back when I was an active rider.  Good bunch of people overall. 

Thanks again

Chris

14StarTrix

Nov-8

Hey Chris

Sounds like your ride went to a good home. After 20 years, and hopefully several more of riding Trixie, I’m planning to let her go to someone deserving of her loyalty and strength. It won’t be the first “Joe” with the cash....Just went through letting go of our sports car that we owned and loved for 27 years. We were lucky to find someone with a love and reverence for that rare little bundle of joy and fun...

Take care, man. Wish you the best.

DJ 

cpete55

Nov-8

Thanks very much, I truly appreciate the sentiment. Even though I haven't been active on this site for a long time, the attitude hasn't changed much at all.  Pretty decent  bunch of people on this site  as was the case back when I followed things close. I'll miss that too. 

Chris